This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GPU overclock

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GPU overclock

User Info: JusDo

JusDo
3 years ago#1
For those who have or have had a Gigabyte GTX 770 windforce 2gb OC, have you ran into trouble while trying to overclock your card?

I know there is an issue where some people cannot raise the voltage past 1.2v where as i am in the same pool, but idk if thats the case. It may just be that my particular card cannot be OC'd.

When using afterburner i can raise the gpu clock to +30, but anything above +40 and my benchmark program either crashes or the screen goes black for 4 seconds and my gpu gets reset to default settings. I even used some games that have benchmark options and they do the same thing when i run those games on max.

Specs
~ Gigabyte z77x ud3h mobo
~ i5 3570k - Hyper 212 evo
~ 8GB Corsair vengeance
~ HX 750 watt psu
~ Windows 7 64bit
~_~

User Info: Snuckie7

Snuckie7
3 years ago#2
That GTX 770 already boosts to around 1200MHz at stock, so even a seemingly small overclock may be unstable. Have you tried the Afterburner voltage hack?
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W

User Info: JusDo

JusDo
3 years ago#3
I dont believe so. Ive read someone altering a file and they were able to raise the voltage past 1.2 but i didnt read too much on it.
~_~

User Info: Snuckie7

Snuckie7
3 years ago#4
Well your GPU clearly isn't stable past +30MHz. Either attempt the voltage hack or you're stuck where you are.
Intel Core i7 3820 | EVGA X79 SLI K2 | MSI 7950 Twin Frozr III | Samsung / 840 120GB / 8GB RAM | 1TB WD Caviar Blue | Corsair / 550D / H70 | Silencer MKIII 600W

User Info: DerPancake

DerPancake
3 years ago#5
Keep pushing it, I got mine to 1320mhz with 1.2 v though its a EVGA card and EVGA cards dominate the benchmark leaderboards.
Steam/Origin: DerPancake

User Info: urtv

urtv
3 years ago#6
try raising the power target to max
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GPU overclock

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived