This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What cards does directx 11.2 support?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What cards does directx 11.2 support?

User Info: Propain22

Propain22
3 years ago#1
I already noticed a huge difference in performance in the BF4 beta when switching to Win 8 which I believe is because of the dx 11.1 support.

Now with win 8.1 to have its official release soon that is said to have Direct x 11.2 capabilities, I'm wondering if it will work with my card to or is it only new hardware only now.

My specs are in my sig. Thanks
Alienware X51 |3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3770 (8M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 1.5GB GDDR5 | 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz

User Info: El Magnifico

El Magnifico
3 years ago#2
DirectX is backwards compatible so your video card will work fine with games that utilize DirectX 11.2. However, it won't take advantage of any of the DirectX 11.2 features.

User Info: happyscrub1

happyscrub1
3 years ago#3
Why don't people stop worrying about getting ready for BF4 until you know exactly when it will come out. 99.9% chances are something will be better for the same price a month before it's released than what you get now.
Never forget.... Building #7

User Info: Propain22

Propain22
3 years ago#4
happyscrub1 posted...
Why don't people stop worrying about getting ready for BF4 until you know exactly when it will come out. 99.9% chances are something will be better for the same price a month before it's released than what you get now.

Uhh BF4 comes out in 2 weeks. And I'm not preparing for BF4, I am able to run the game on ultra now that I switched to Win 8. Just had a question about 11.2 for future reference.
Alienware X51 |3rd Generation Intel Core i7-3770 (8M Cache, up to 3.4 GHz) | NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660 1.5GB GDDR5 | 8GB Dual Channel DDR3 SDRAM at 1600MHz
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What cards does directx 11.2 support?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived