The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone know a lot about laptop keyboards? HP DV6-6135DX

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone know a lot about laptop keyboards? HP DV6-6135DX

User Info: GhettoLogistics

GhettoLogistics
3 years ago#1
I goofed up when disassembling the laptop for yearly cleaning and punctured the power ribbon of the keyboard. Obviously it doesn't work anymore (at least, 70% of keys don't). The direct replacement keyboard apparently comes only from China, and it's up to a month wait to get one.

My question is simple: If I were to purchase a very similar keyboard with a slightly different key layout, would it confuse the heck out of my computer? Will pressing one key activate a different key if it's in a different place? There is a keyboard that is nearly identical except for a few keys like the "lock" key and "insert" would be moved. The mounting and connections are the same, of course.

Just wondering if I can by with something close or if I must go with my exact model keyboard to avoid problems.

User Info: Lonestar2000

Lonestar2000
3 years ago#2
I would buy the same keyboard. Did you check ebay?
Rumble Roses. Someone enters the room.
Them: O_O Me: What?! I always play games without my pants on!- Inmate 922335
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone know a lot about laptop keyboards? HP DV6-6135DX

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived