This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Graphics driver help!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Graphics driver help!

User Info: Omegaforce725

Omegaforce725
3 years ago#1
Hey guys,

I have run into a big issue with my comp and I'd appreciate some help. I was updating my graphics drivers today, it was going through the usual routine, deleting the old drivers, installing the new ones. All of a sudden my screen went black, then reappeared with a super huge, low res image of my desktop and said the driver installation failed. Now my screen just looks like a hige mess. Whats worse, I can't get my computer to do anything now. I try to load the driver installation again and nothing happens.

What should I do? My computer is basically useless like this....
Sig not changing until Bucs win Superbowl. Started 8/9/05

User Info: Monkeymage

Monkeymage
3 years ago#2
Nice specifics, bro
7.3 GHz Intel i9 7770k "Hollow Tree" / 64GB TDR4 RAM / GTX Titan 5 GK330 "Daghlian" Chipset, Dodeca-SLI

Omegaforce725
3 years ago#3
Alright man, I realize I didn't specify my gpu but you don't have to be a jerk about it.

I have a MSI GTX560 Nvidia card, my previous driver version was 308 I think but am trying to install the latest one...327 or something.

User Info: 2Dhas_a_MIGRANE

2Dhas_a_MIGRANE
3 years ago#4
I've heard older cards and the 560 in particular don't work well with the new drivers. Try to reinstall the ones you had
Pearl Code: 0731 1228 8254 White Code: 0862 2790 1982
SSBB: 0989-1461-9542

Omegaforce725
3 years ago#5
2Dhas_a_MIGRANE posted...
I've heard older cards and the 560 in particular don't work well with the new drivers. Try to reinstall the ones you had

Thanks for the help. I am currently trying a second time to install the new drivers, but if it fails again I'll re-install the old ones.

User Info: Snadados

Snadados
3 years ago#6
Boot in safe mode.
Use a driver sweeper to clean out the old drivers.
Install last known working drivers.
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?

User Info: maybecalls

maybecalls
3 years ago#7
I have a 460, and I've stuck with 314.22 for fear of what has happened to you happening to me.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Graphics driver help!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived