This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Downloaded Windows 8 - Now it can't find my F drive

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Downloaded Windows 8 - Now it can't find my F drive

User Info: BIGGESTPS3FAN

BIGGESTPS3FAN
3 years ago#1
So, my SSD is my C drive and my HDD is my F drive.

I installed Windows 8 onto my C drive and now I noticed that nothing from my F drive is being detected. My F drive still shows it has 110 GB/9XX. Any help?

Also, for whatever reason, it renamed my HDD to D. I changed it back to F and no changes happen still.
Intel i5-3570k | Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 x2 | 8 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Corsair 500R | Corsair HX750 | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD

BIGGESTPS3FAN
3 years ago#2
Also, it tells me to choose an operating system to boot from when I start. I can choose Windows 8 (Volume 3) or Windows 8. This happens every time I boot Windows. Not sure what the difference is, tbh.
Intel i5-3570k | Sapphire Vapor-X HD 7970 x2 | 8 GB G.Skill Ripjaw X | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Corsair 500R | Corsair HX750 | 1 TB Seagate HDD | 120 GB Intel 520 SSD

User Info: Tony_Biggie_Pun

Tony_Biggie_Pun
3 years ago#3
Go too disk management and assign a letter to your drive
http://i.imgur.com/Z3MIjNj.jpg
You can tell a lot about a person based on how they treat the weaker members of society.

User Info: Brass_Eye

Brass_Eye
3 years ago#4
It's because its F'd off.
---

User Info: happyscrub1

happyscrub1
3 years ago#5
Brass_Eye posted...
---

10/10
Never forget.... Building #7

User Info: Dinglesteed

Dinglesteed
3 years ago#6
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...

I installed Windows 8 onto my C drive and now I noticed that nothing from my F drive is being detected. My F drive still shows it has 110 GB/9XX. Any help?

Also, for whatever reason, it renamed my HDD to D. I changed it back to F and no changes happen still.

Is the HDD formatted and all that? I had a similar thing last week and realized I hadn't formatted the HDD yet lol.
Playing: Dragon's Crown, MLB the Show 13, Pikmin 3, Project X Zone, ETS2
3DS FC: 2191-7639-5571

User Info: Masterchief5525

Masterchief5525
3 years ago#7
happyscrub1 posted...
Brass_Eye posted...
---

10/10

BIGGESTPS3FAN
3 years ago#8
Tony_Biggie_Pun posted...
Go too disk management and assign a letter to your drive

I did assign one.

Dinglesteed posted...
BIGGESTPS3FAN posted...

Is the HDD formatted and all that? I had a similar thing last week and realized I hadn't formatted the HDD yet lol.

Yeah. I transferred everything from my internal to an external, and then formatted my internal and transferred it back.

Brass_Eye posted...
---

lol

User Info: este914

este914
3 years ago#9
Install 8.1 update as well.
...::: este914 :::...
The One & Only!

BIGGESTPS3FAN
3 years ago#10
I did. The start menu being there is much better. I kept accidentally clicking either my documents folder or the start menu when it was invisible.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Downloaded Windows 8 - Now it can't find my F drive

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived