This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

XBox Smartglass

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. XBox Smartglass

User Info: Rexdragon125

Rexdragon125
4 years ago#1
I start up my PC one day, and find that Smartglass has been added to my Start screen. I guess Windows finally detected my 360 on my home network and decided to help me out. I heard that you can use it to control your 360 from your PC, so why not give it a try? I plugged in my wired 360 controller and started the app, thinking that it would stream video to my PC and I could control it with my controller. My 360 is in another room. Now I could be all sorts of lazy and play my 360 without leaving my desk! Because how else would this work on a tower PC without a touch screen? Boy was I wrong.

Connecting to my 360 was painless. The main screen gives you a view of your games and other ads, of course. There's a grey rectangle that reads "Control your 360." Cool. I click that, and am presented with a screen like this:

http://hw1.pa-cdn.com/par/img/editorial/glasshead.jpg

Except I have a 24" NON TOUCH SCREEN monitor. What. I have to CLICK the buttons to do anything. Even if I did have a tablet, this is probably the worst controller layout I could possibly imagine. Of course the controller plugged in does nothing. I hear my XBox playing music from the other room. My random button clicking started up Spelunky, and that was my only confirmation that it was working.

I went over to shut off my XBox and then promptly uninstalled Smartglass.

What an unmitigated disaster of an app. Even if I did have a tablet, I could not imagine using this. I know Windows can detect when it has a touchscreen, and when it's running on a mobile PC. And Microsoft in their infinite wisdom, decided to automatically install it anyways. They have gone completely ape**** bananas about this touchscreen bullcrap. I'm pretty sure their executives are just completely neurotic for touch screens.

User Info: Rexdragon125

Rexdragon125
4 years ago#2
Update: Oh god of course it's back, I think because I turned my 360 on while my computer was on. How do I get rid of this? :(
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. XBox Smartglass

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived