This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Friends budget is $300.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Friends budget is $300.

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
3 years ago#21
Nicodimus posted...
Yeah I guess you could go with craigslist as long as you met in public, but it's kind of a pain. I'd rather just buy the card I want. I've never understood how people are swayed to buy a certain card because of the games it comes with.

lol at meeting someone on craigslist to trade a card with a code. Yea or just use Ebay and sell the codes for $30-$40 each, or trade it for something you do want

Or just be a derp and don't see how $90-$120 back off your purchase is worthwhile.
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
....**** you TimePharaoh - KillerzOverHere

User Info: Nicodimus

Nicodimus
3 years ago#22
TimePharaoh posted...
Nicodimus posted...
Yeah I guess you could go with craigslist as long as you met in public, but it's kind of a pain. I'd rather just buy the card I want. I've never understood how people are swayed to buy a certain card because of the games it comes with.

lol at meeting someone on craigslist to trade a card with a code. Yea or just use Ebay and sell the codes for $30-$40 each, or trade it for something you do want

Or just be a derp and don't see how $90-$120 back off your purchase is worthwhile.

It doesn't matter if I get a little money back if I bought a card that wasn't my first choice. Sorry, but I want _exactly_ the hardware I want.
Intel i5 4670K | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
3 years ago#23
Nicodimus posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
Nicodimus posted...

It doesn't matter if I get a little money back if I bought a card that wasn't my first choice. Sorry, but I want _exactly_ the hardware I want.

So you purposely want inferior hardware? I mean, looking at your sig you don't have top tier hardware, so apparently your first choice was to get lesser quality parts.
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
....**** you TimePharaoh - KillerzOverHere

User Info: DerPancake

DerPancake
3 years ago#24
Nicodimus posted...
I'd rather just buy the card I want. I've never understood how people are swayed to buy a certain card because of the games it comes with.

Except he is buying the GTX 770, which if he waited till the 28, he could get the card and 3 free games.
Steam/Origin: DerPancake

Nicodimus
3 years ago#25
TimePharaoh posted...
Nicodimus posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
Nicodimus posted...

So you purposely want inferior hardware? I mean, looking at your sig you don't have top tier hardware, so apparently your first choice was to get lesser quality parts.

Well, I'm on worker's compensation with a ruined spine and 24/7 chronic pain, so it's pretty much the best hardware I can get on my limited income. And my point stands...if I want a specific part, it doesn't matter what fluff they bundle with it or not, or with alternative parts or not. I want that part.

Nicodimus
3 years ago#26
DerPancake posted...
Nicodimus posted...
I'd rather just buy the card I want. I've never understood how people are swayed to buy a certain card because of the games it comes with.

Except he is buying the GTX 770, which if he waited till the 28, he could get the card and 3 free games.

That's fine, I was just speaking generally.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Friends budget is $300.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived