This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit vs Windows 8.1?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit vs Windows 8.1?

User Info: Ame_no_Murakumo

Ame_no_Murakumo
4 years ago#1
I need to buy a new OS. I've never used windows 7, but I'm using 8 right now. Just noticed Newegg sent me an email and I can get Windows 7 for $78.99 with their promo code.. That sounds way better than $109/119 for Windows 8.
www.youtube.com/knightsaziel I upload videos of Final Fantasy XIV and Terraria, at the moment.

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
4 years ago#2
Both are suitably fine for gaming. Windows 8 has exclusive dx11.2 access but its a fairly minor update from what I understand.

Go with the cheaper option if you don't care about that.
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1

Ame_no_Murakumo
4 years ago#3
Hmm. Actually, I may stick with 8.1. Just noticed this Windows 7 version is the OEM version, and I don't want that. Thanks though :)
www.youtube.com/knightsaziel I upload videos of Final Fantasy XIV and Terraria, at the moment.

User Info: Darkneo20

Darkneo20
4 years ago#4
there is nothing wrong with an OEM version of an operating system its just *supposed* to only be used on 1 computer
Amd Phenom II X4 955 3.2ghz ASUS EAH DIRECTCU 5850 1gig Asus Crosshair Formula 3 790FX WD Caviar 1TB HDD Coolermaster HAF 932 XFX Modular 750watt PSU

Ame_no_Murakumo
4 years ago#5
Darkneo20 posted...
there is nothing wrong with an OEM version of an operating system its just *supposed* to only be used on 1 computer

That's my main worry. How would I use it on another PC if I wanted to, in the future?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bit vs Windows 8.1?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived