This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

So Ikaruga has been Greenlit, for those who don't know. :)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So Ikaruga has been Greenlit, for those who don't know. :)

User Info: clowning

clowning
4 years ago#21
It's just learning the patterns...like all games.
It is a capital mistake to theorize before one has data. ...one begins to twist facts to suit theories.... Sir Arthur Conan Doyle

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
4 years ago#22
clowning posted...

If you are referring to that video, its a hell of a lot more than just knowing the patterns. Controlling 2 ships at once with only one hand to control each is very skillful. Brothers was a test enough of my ability to control 2 entities at once...

I do agree that shmups in general involve a lot of memorization and pattern recognition though.
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: xanthan1

xanthan1
4 years ago#23
clowning posted...

Except for ones that involve random chance or randomness of any kind.

User Info: capgamer

capgamer
4 years ago#24
I don't usually like Bullet-hell style shooters... but I played Ikaruga a bit and it's pretty good. It's not like most where it's just bullets, you have to dodge ships and the environment as well. It's bullet-hell, but it has something to mix it up a bit at least.

Most of them are very same-y to me... and Ikaruga manages to escape that trap.
The man keeps us down
because he likes to see us frown

User Info: SnipeStar

SnipeStar
4 years ago#25
loved it on gamecube
i7 3820 / Corsair H80i | Asus Sabertooth X79 | 2x GTX 680 4GB | 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP | 2x 600GB Raptor / 2x 1TB WD RE3 | Corsair HX1000w | Silverstone RV01

User Info: Shub

Shub
4 years ago#26
Dillinger7311 posted...
I quit playing since I came to the realization that i will never be this good at it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ToBdzV7w5Pc

Thescyy posted...
That is absolutely freaking insane. I don't even understand how someone could get that good.

Always trust a little Asian dude to blow your mind at some insanely difficult-looking video game!
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: JowyBlight

JowyBlight
4 years ago#27
Neat, I always wanted to try this, big fan of Gradius V as well. Never had an Xbox or any of the other platforms it was on though.
"Riou...you came. Just like you promised. ...here we are ...here once again."

User Info: UnderwaterAir

UnderwaterAir
4 years ago#28
I prefer twitch shmups like Cho Ren Sha to bullet hells like Ikaruga. But that's just me. =_=

User Info: EvilLink-XIII

EvilLink-XIII
4 years ago#29
O_o holy waffle that vid was crazy
And here I thought beating Striker 1945 Plus (no death) was amazing ):
http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee282/xool-overlord/Evillinks.png http://i234.photobucket.com/albums/ee282/xool-overlord/Evillinks-1.png
Thanks Xool :D

User Info: sonicteam2k1

sonicteam2k1
4 years ago#30
I honestly don't enjoy bullet hell shooters either. you know, fill the screen with bullets. I liked ones like Blazing Lazers, Raiden, Fire Shark, Darius Gaiden, Astobatics, Lifeforce, onews with many different powerups and didn't fill the screen with bullet patterns.
See The Game Collection
http://www.gamespot.com/users/nights_team2k7/games_table?mode=own
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. So Ikaruga has been Greenlit, for those who don't know. :)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived