This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

2 GB or 4 GB GPU for BF4?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 2 GB or 4 GB GPU for BF4?

User Info: SgtFoley

SgtFoley
3 years ago#1
I hear BF4 was using more than 2 but I also read I don't need more than 2 when only using 1 monitor and not going over 1080p, which I won't be doing and will only be using 1 monitor. Should I get a 4 GB or 2 GB GPU if I plan on playing a lot of BF4? I was looking at the 760 for my GPU.
RAMIREZ! Reload my gun!

User Info: Flaktrooper123

Flaktrooper123
3 years ago#2
3GB recommended the devs said. Sure it will work even with 2GB, my old card run the demo just fine.

SgtFoley
3 years ago#3
Flaktrooper123 posted...
3GB recommended the devs said. Sure it will work even with 2GB, my old card run the demo just fine.

I don't really want to go the AMD route. There is a 660 Ti I could get which is 3 GB. Its not as good as the 760 but it has the recommended VRAM. Though how well it actually uses it, I haven't researched.
RAMIREZ! Reload my gun!

User Info: IronSasquatch

IronSasquatch
3 years ago#4
Get the 4gb 760. Even if most games coming out don't necessarily require 3 or 4 gigs, it'll just mean that you won't have to upgrade your GPU for a lot longer than if you bought a 2gb one.
Your body may be gone, I'm gonna carry you in in my head and in my heart, in my soul.

SgtFoley
3 years ago#5
IronSasquatch posted...
Get the 4gb 760. Even if most games coming out don't necessarily require 3 or 4 gigs, it'll just mean that you won't have to upgrade your GPU for a lot longer than if you bought a 2gb one.

Even if I don't plan on using more than 1 monitor or going over 1080p? I was kind of thinking that same thing but then I figured, why bother when I could save a decent chunk of change and get the 2 GB version instead?
RAMIREZ! Reload my gun!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 2 GB or 4 GB GPU for BF4?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived