This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Reminder: OSX users can get OSX Mavericks for free

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Reminder: OSX users can get OSX Mavericks for free
(message deleted)

User Info: Shub

Shub
4 years ago#2
Yep. Just installed it a couple of hours ago. Totally didn't expect it to be free and was happily surprised to hear about it during Apple's press conference the other day.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: Po-Rayu

Po-Rayu
4 years ago#3
It's pretty amazing. The amount of new features that work in the background help performance quite a bit. Definitely worth the free download! (:
27" 2012 iMac | 3.4 ghz i7 Quad Core | 2 GB Dedicated Graphics Card | 32 GB Ram | 3 TB Fusion Drive

User Info: Dorami

Dorami
4 years ago#4
Did Apple stop using the feline nomenclature, or is mavericks the name of an animal I don't know about?
"...Ashley takes on Lord Blazer alone in a white cape with flowing rockstar hair while playing his impossibly cool sword as a guitar..." - LBoksha

User Info: Shub

Shub
4 years ago#5
They stopped using cats. They're now using Californian landmarks.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: Tivor

Tivor
4 years ago#6
Dorami posted...
Did Apple stop using the feline nomenclature, or is mavericks the name of an animal I don't know about?

They ran out of cool-sounding cat names, basically. In the June keynote where they announced Mavericks, they joked they thought about using Sea Lion as a follow-up to Mountain Lion. The new naming scheme is about California locales. Mavericks is a famous surfing spot in Northern California, or so they say. Not much of a surfer, me.
Vin Scully, Herge, Ray K. Metzker, Arakawa Hiromu, Mori Kaoru, Steve Jobs, Miyazaki Hayao, Walt Disney, Depeche Mode, John Stockton. RESPECT.

User Info: Benjamin_Button

Benjamin_Button
4 years ago#7
Shub posted...
They stopped using cats. They're now using Californian landmarks.

Tivor posted...
The new naming scheme is about California locales.

I personally can't wait for OSX Death Valley.
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage

User Info: WyzeGye

WyzeGye
4 years ago#8
OSX Compton
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/GCJ
http://youtu.be/0eSfcUzGTdk

User Info: ein311

ein311
4 years ago#9
OSX Emerald Triangle.

plz
Man your own jackhammer
Man your battlestations
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Reminder: OSX users can get OSX Mavericks for free

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived