This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a way to lock your screen resolution in Windows?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there a way to lock your screen resolution in Windows?

User Info: OmniNakago

OmniNakago
4 years ago#1
Sometimes programs automatically change your monitor's resolution when you run them. Is there a blanket way to possibly lock your resolution to prevent that from happening?
"God is a comedian, playing to an audience that is too afraid to laugh." -Voltaire
steamcommunity.com/id/nepenthes / twitter.com/epolsen

User Info: arleas

arleas
4 years ago#2
If I've ever seen anything weird happening, it was on my 2nd monitor, and i'd notice the wallpaper would change according to what size the main monitor was forced into...

After I quit the program my desktop goes back to the default resolution anyway... If you're having problems with your desktop being left in the program's resolution when you end it, well I have no idea what to tell you.

You could try disabling all the monitor modes that you don't want, but that could cause problems...I wouldn't do it. I also wouldn't know how to tell you to go about doing it... I just know that somewhere it's possible to tell my video card that only certain resolutions are available.
http://badges.mypersonality.info/badge/0/19/193056.png
http://www.speedtest.net/result/2309944238.png

User Info: OmniNakago

OmniNakago
4 years ago#3
I'll try looking around the Nvidia control panel to see if I can disable some resolution options.
"God is a comedian, playing to an audience that is too afraid to laugh." -Voltaire
steamcommunity.com/id/nepenthes / twitter.com/epolsen

User Info: Devil_wings00

Devil_wings00
4 years ago#4
There is some options under the display listing in N control panel. "adjust desktop size and position". I leave mine at aspect ratio and I've never had a problem with applications changing my desktop resolution.
3570k @ 1.260v - 4.6Ghz, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, Intel 335 SSD (boot).
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there a way to lock your screen resolution in Windows?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived