This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What do you do with your old parts when you wanna upgrade?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What do you do with your old parts when you wanna upgrade?

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
4 years ago#21
I sell them or give them away.

I sell them on either a general second-hand website (non-auction) that is a lot more popular than ebay here in the Netherlands. Or I sell them on a large hardware enthusiast website where people buy and sell parts all the time.

For me, selling and buying secondhand parts has never been a problem. I recently sold my 560Ti and i5 760 + mobo. They both sold within the first day. I also bought a secondhand GTX 760, a secondhand Z68 motherboard, and a secondhand i5 3570. I had to borrow a CPU to flash the BIOS on the MOBO so it would be compatible with the 3570, which was a bit of a hassle. However, considering the things I sold, the whole upgrade was under 200 euro. Beats selling and buying a whole new system.

Just make sure you package them well (anti-static bag, and in a way where they can not easily be damaged).
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H

User Info: Bowsaa

Bowsaa
4 years ago#22
I'll probably just give my old stuff to my dad or my brother. Even if it's outdated, it's much better then what either of them currently use.
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What do you do with your old parts when you wanna upgrade?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived