This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

ativ book 9 models?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. ativ book 9 models?

User Info: ethsfan

ethsfan
3 years ago#1
Anybody know the differnces between the 9 and 9 plus? Or is the 3200x1900 the only differnence
3DS fc: 5000-2436-0029
Official Gabriel of the SMT4 board.

ethsfan
3 years ago#2
Bump

User Info: GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok
3 years ago#3
The AB9+ uses the new Haswell CPUs, giving it better battery life. But I do want to say that the 3200x1800 panel isn't as awesome as it sounds. It doesn't use a traditional RGB layout where each pixel is made up of three subpixels. Instead it only has 2 subpixels per pixel, and the colors, especially yellow, aren't too great as a result.

Considering their similar pricing, I'd be way more interested in the Asus Zenbook UX301LA. It has a 2560x1440 display from Sharp that I'm assuming is RGB. The glass covered body is sexy and functional, you get RAID 0 SSDs, WiFi ac, and the faster i7-4558U CPU. It's just an all around better machine IMO.

ethsfan
3 years ago#4
GTRagnarok posted...
The AB9+ uses the new Haswell CPUs, giving it better battery life. But I do want to say that the 3200x1800 panel isn't as awesome as t sounds. It doesn't use a traditional RGB layout where each pixel is made up of three subpixels. Instead it only has 2 subpixels per pixel, and the colors, especially yellow, aren't too great as a result.

Considering their similar pricing, I'd be way more interested in the Asus Zenbook UX301LA. It has a 2560x1440 display from Sharp that I'm assuming is RGB. The glass covered body is sexy and functional, you get RAID 0 SSDs, WiFi ac, and the faster i7-4558U CPU. It's just an all around better machine IMO.

The things i liked about the ativ book 9 plus was SideSync with my galaxy note phone and the 3200x1900. but its a bit beyond my $1000 budget. I saw a AB9 for $1000 thats why i asked What the difference is.

Other than the AB9 i was looking at the surface pro as i wanted the Wacom Screen.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. ativ book 9 models?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived