This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Help, can't get audio to work!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help, can't get audio to work!

User Info: cookie_kid

cookie_kid
3 years ago#1
So for some reason, my sound card isn't working properly all of the sudden. I'm not sure if the problem originated because I recently updated my OS to windows 8.1 or what, but the jack where i plug into for sound (the green one on the rear of the computer) isn't working for my external speakers anymore. I'm quite sure the problem isn't the speakers since I tried using three different ones and none of them seem to be working. I tried checking the settings and according to my computer, everything should be working fine, but I can't hear anything. I have tried using my headphones that can be connected to a usb slot and that works fine, but whenever I try using the green audio port thats when I have trouble receiving my sound. What can I do to fix this?
The best kind of pain is the painless kind

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 years ago#2
Install drivers for your sound card.
Your USB headphones use their own onboard sound device.
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64

User Info: cookie_kid

cookie_kid
3 years ago#3
How do I do that? I thought my sound card was already installed since they were working fine about a month or so ago. Should I just uninstall it and then simply reinstall it? I just wanna make sure thats all I have to do because last time I tried that for my display adapter I couldn't see anything on my monitor until I had to jump through some complicated hoops to get it working again.
The best kind of pain is the painless kind

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 years ago#4
Go to the sound card manufacturer's website, download the drivers for your sound card, and install them.
Want that Shield!
Ball and Cup on ps mobile has framerate issues. -stargazer64
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Help, can't get audio to work!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived