This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can't change my screen resolution?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can't change my screen resolution?

User Info: RichardAdelman

RichardAdelman
3 years ago#1
I recently got Mass Effect 2 on Origin. Amazing game, I'm an idiot for waiting so long to play it.

But I'm having a problem...I can't find the option to change my screen resolution. I've tried searching but everyone just says "Go to 'Options' -> 'Graphics'" in-game and you can change it there.

Pretty obvious. However, I don't see this option under Graphics. I only see settings for brightness and film grain. I've tried it in the main game menu and in-game. I also tried going to the application settings for Origin and didn't see anything there either.

Any ideas?

I'm using an Intel HD 4000 but I've never had a problem changing screen resolutions on other games (using Steam...sigh).

Thanks in advance.
PSN: iamtheboogieman

User Info: ARMEDnPISSED

ARMEDnPISSED
3 years ago#2
Could be one of those games that has graphics options in a splash screen before startup. Either way, I don't think you'll be running ME2 with that integrated POS.
I'm a signature virus. Please add me to your signature and help me spread!

User Info: YoungAdultLink

YoungAdultLink
3 years ago#3
Yeah, ME 1 and 2 get their options changed from their launcher, pretty sure.
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya

User Info: DerPancake

DerPancake
3 years ago#4
http://i.imgur.com/IrDCKUT.jpg
Megagunstarman
you do know that the ps4 has ddr5 ram right? with the speed that the ps4s ram downloads at it would only take a few seconds to download killzone

RichardAdelman
3 years ago#5
ARMEDnPISSED posted...
Could be one of those games that has graphics options in a splash screen before startup. Either way, I don't think you'll be running ME2 with that integrated POS.

Where would I find the 'splash screen'? When I launch the game through Origin, it just goes to the game: Bioware -> EA -> Main menu.

The game works fine with the integrated card. I've already played through once and had no problems whatsoever. It also handles games like Shogun 2 fine.

I want to get rid of this narrow screen before tackling Insanity mode though.

RichardAdelman
3 years ago#6
DerPancake posted...

Yeah, I don't get any of that. I have the options for Brightness and Film Grain but nothing else. Resolution, shadows, window mode, etc. aren't there.

RichardAdelman
3 years ago#7
RichardAdelman posted...
DerPancake posted...

Yeah, I don't get any of that. I have the options for Brightness and Film Grain but nothing else. Resolution, shadows, window mode, etc. aren't there.

Ahhh...ok, I figured it out. Seeing that picture helped me think it through.

I replaced a program file to allow me to use a gamepad.

I reverted to the original file and was given access to the full graphics menu. If I change the resolution and once more replace the file, it keeps the new resolution. Nice.

Weird that it would change that but oh well.

Thanks guys.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can't change my screen resolution?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived