The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Install Intel LAN drivers on Win 8 fresh install? internet works fine... so why?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Install Intel LAN drivers on Win 8 fresh install? internet works fine... so why?

User Info: cainism25

cainism25
3 years ago#1
topic
2500k @ 4.8ghz ~

User Info: Eclypse9810

Eclypse9810
3 years ago#2
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_area_network
Have you had the dream again? A black goat with seven eyes that watches from the outside.

User Info: cainism25

cainism25
3 years ago#3
Eclypse9810 posted...
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Local_area_network

ah so when i install win 8 fresh im getting the internet from another pc hooked up to the router? until i install my own intel lan drivers?
2500k @ 4.8ghz ~

User Info: GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok
3 years ago#4
One of the best things about Windows 8 is how good it is at automatically getting drivers for most things. You might not have to even install the LAN drivers either.

cainism25 posted...
ah so when i install win 8 fresh im getting the internet from another pc hooked up to the router? until i install my own intel lan drivers?

No, Windows 8 automatically installed the drivers for you.

User Info: LordSeifer

LordSeifer
3 years ago#5
lol what

how would you get internet from another PC if your LAN card doesnt work
^ this
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Install Intel LAN drivers on Win 8 fresh install? internet works fine... so why?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived