This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

My computer keeps freezing...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My computer keeps freezing...

User Info: StormKMD

StormKMD
3 years ago#1
Yesterday my hard drive started making these weird clicking noises and so when I booted again, Windows looked for errors, etc, etc. I tried a few times and got it to boot into windows (8.1 btw) and it keeps freezing on me. The mouse does move and I can select things with the keyboard, but I can't click on anything with the mouse and when I mouse over things they don't light up. Think I should just return the drive? I'm thinking that's it.
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430

StormKMD
3 years ago#2
Bump.
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430

User Info: Crimsonkainx

Crimsonkainx
3 years ago#3
If the hard drive is clicking, it's time to replace it.

StormKMD
3 years ago#4
Well okay...that's not very informative lol.

User Info: Alucard188

Alucard188
3 years ago#5
StormKMD posted...
Well okay...that's not very informative lol.

Yes it is. A clicking HDD means that it's close to dying. Grab whatever data you can off of it and get a new HDD.
Face it Cloud is a gaming icon and has appered in lots of games while mario has only appeared in 2 games sunshine and 64~xSlashbomBx

StormKMD
3 years ago#6
Is it okay to keep using it? I don't want to be PC-less and my mom needs to print stuff...

User Info: WerdnAndreW

WerdnAndreW
3 years ago#7
You can keep using it but eventually its going to die so make sure you backup any important stuff ASAP.
Corsair 500r ~ P8Z68-V Pro ~ i5 2500k ~ Hyper 212+ ~ Corsair 2x4gb ~ TX750w v2 ~ 560 Ti ~ F3 1TB ~ Crucial M4 128GB ~ Xonar DG ~ Tt Meka G1 ~ Asus PA248Q

StormKMD
3 years ago#8
So I put everything on a flash drive that I need (saves, work, etc) and then I can keep using it till it dies? Awesome, thanks guys.
Well, it just keeps freezing....and reinstalling Windows will be in vain since it'll die soon...it sucks, but that's life I guess. Thanks for the help.

User Info: someflamablekid

someflamablekid
3 years ago#9
I was having a similar "hiccuping, freezing" whatever you wanna call it issue. Nvidia's graphics drivers seemed to be the issue. I rolled back to 314.22 and it seems better now. Granted my HDD wasn't making clicking noises. But it might be worth a shot if you've recently updated your drivers.

StormKMD
3 years ago#10
someflamablekid posted...
I was having a similar "hiccuping, freezing" whatever you wanna call it issue. Nvidia's graphics drivers seemed to be the issue. I rolled back to 314.22 and it seems better now. Granted my HDD wasn't making clicking noises. But it might be worth a shot if you've recently updated your drivers.

It's not just hiccups. It's like the whole computer was put in a freezer.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. My computer keeps freezing...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived