This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Can anyone recommend an illuminated keyboard?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can anyone recommend an illuminated keyboard?

User Info: Jocko

Jocko
4 years ago#11
ygfbv posted...
Saitek Eclipse.

Now this was a great suggestion! I really like the Saitek Eclipse I and II but I couldn't find any of them new. I don't want a used one from some neckbeard that Cheeto fingered them all up though.

However I found the newer version; the Mad Catz V.5 Keyboard:
http://www.amazon.com/Mad-Catz-V-5-Keyboard-PC/dp/B002SAJCYU/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1383187031&sr=8-1&keywords=Mad+Catz+V.5

This is my new front runner. Does anyone have anything negative to say about it?
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.

User Info: wizardmon

wizardmon
4 years ago#12
Jocko posted...
I don't like mechanical keyboards because I don't like the clicky sound.

There's multiple types - some of which actually make less noise than rubber dome keyboards as they don't click at all and with O-rings you won't even get the "bottoming out" sound of the plastic key impacting the plastic keyboard frame.
I will attest that my rubber dome Logitech G15 (first gen) keyboard was loud as hell.
I think I'm the only person on gamefaqs with a daughterboard - ToastyOne
New with a moderation history more plentiful than karma. - Fossil (Moderator)

User Info: Jocko

Jocko
4 years ago#13
In a shocking turn of events I ended up going with the Logitech G105. I'm typing on it now and it's pretty sweet. I read some reviews about the Mad Catz V.5 and there were too many complaints of the characters on the keys wearing off and that the keys squeaked after a while. Those are deal breakers in my book.

I apologize for taking so long to make my decision and post it. I just hope nobody lost too much sleep dealing with the agony of not know what keyboard I would choose. Well rest easy now my friends and thank you for your suggestions.
The oxygen's leaving my brain!!! --Clucky the Chicken
()===={SWORDSWORDSWORDSWORD> It's my SWORD sword.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Can anyone recommend an illuminated keyboard?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived