This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How to Customize this Laptop

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to Customize this Laptop

User Info: theblurch

theblurch
3 years ago#1
http://www.xoticpc.com/force-msi-1763-22001-780m-msi-gt70-barebones-p-5815.html

Just curious as to what upgrades you would make to this laptop. On the customization page, I was thinking of upgrading to a 1TB SSD. Is it worth it to upgrade the processor? Also, would it be good to upgrade the thermal compound if I plan to use it for gaming?

Any help is much appreciated.
XBL: T Skillet ///// Steam ID: The Blurch
Currently Playing: Shadowrun Returns, Rogue Legacy, Civ V BNW

User Info: Lady Une

Lady Une
3 years ago#2
I vote stickers.
Leader of the Elder Cult of Jiub.
I still love Scribs.

User Info: Dr_keith

Dr_keith
3 years ago#3
Lady Une posted...
I vote stickers.

+1
If you're worse than me: You're a n00b.
If you're better than me: You're a hacker.

theblurch
3 years ago#4
Seriously.

User Info: OldSorrow

OldSorrow
3 years ago#5
Dr_keith posted...
Lady Une posted...
I vote stickers.

+1

make sure they are red stickers for faster performance
If you don't use Throwback Mode for a full week while logged in, you will lose access.

User Info: GTRagnarok

GTRagnarok
3 years ago#6
theblurch posted...
Also, would it be good to upgrade the thermal compound if I plan to use it for gaming

Isn't that the whole point of getting that laptop? Normally, I would say no to the thermal compound upgrade and do it yourself, but it's a free upgrade right now so that's a no-brainer.

The 4800MQ is kinda worth it if your wallet can handle it, but the 4900MQ and 4930MX are definitely not worth it.

The SSDs are up to you. Personally, I would get a ~250GB SSD + a 1TB HDD for storage.

User Info: cancerstorm

cancerstorm
3 years ago#7
1 tb ssd? if you have that money to waste get one of those alienware laptops with the gtx 780m sli
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg

theblurch
3 years ago#8
GTRagnarok posted...
theblurch posted...
Also, would it be good to upgrade the thermal compound if I plan to use it for gaming

Isn't that the whole point of getting that laptop? Normally, I would say no to the thermal compound upgrade and do it yourself, but it's a free upgrade right now so that's a no-brainer.

The 4800MQ is kinda worth it if your wallet can handle it, but the 4900MQ and 4930MX are definitely not worth it.

The SSDs are up to you. Personally, I would get a ~250GB SSD + a 1TB HDD for storage.

Question about that...is it better to play games from a SSD or HDD, or is there even a difference?

User Info: Lady Une

Lady Une
3 years ago#9
theblurch posted...
GTRagnarok posted...
theblurch posted...

Question about that...is it better to play games from a SSD or HDD, or is there even a difference?

You will/should get faster loading times off an SSD. For games that have a lot of loading screens or ones than seem to drag on, it's a boon.
Leader of the Elder Cult of Jiub.
I still love Scribs.

theblurch
3 years ago#10
So, on RAM, what GB should I go for? 8, or higher?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How to Customize this Laptop

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived