This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for (free)software to edit an image, to 'crop' background out of it.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for (free)software to edit an image, to 'crop' background out of it.

User Info: Benjamin_Button

Benjamin_Button
3 years ago#11
actually interested in this as well...not that i need to do something like this now but when the time comes it would be handy..

looking at that pic in the OP if i were to lasso tool and crop the female out of the background it woud be HELL. Specifically with the hair in front of her face. Man that would suck. I really do wonder if theres a program that can automate this process...even with at least 70% accuracy or something.
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage

User Info: kalakdrin

kalakdrin
3 years ago#12
Benjamin_Button posted...
actually interested in this as well...not that i need to do something like this now but when the time comes it would be handy..

looking at that pic in the OP if i were to lasso tool and crop the female out of the background it woud be HELL. Specifically with the hair in front of her face. Man that would suck. I really do wonder if theres a program that can automate this process...even with at least 70% accuracy or something.

All about practice. If you could automate this you wouldn't need Photoshop, or experts in Photoshop.

GIMP does the job but it's not very user-friendly. I use it here at work.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for (free)software to edit an image, to 'crop' background out of it.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived