This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What is the first PC game you bought? (not necessarily the first you played)

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What is the first PC game you bought? (not necessarily the first you played)

User Info: codyorr

codyorr
3 years ago#51
Castles 2 or SimFarm. I think so anyway.

User Info: eddy1nsane

eddy1nsane
3 years ago#52
Stellar 7. I actually bought it because of the display box, never knew it was a battle-zone in color.
God created the world, everything else are made in China

User Info: Frankie_Spankie

Frankie_Spankie
3 years ago#53
Doom
Don't **** with Da Hui

User Info: jonnyX

jonnyX
3 years ago#54
Baldur's Gate II: Shadows of Amn

I had some extra cash and bought it on a whim cause I'd heard lost of positive things about the first Baldur's Gate.
I hated it at first. I had no knowledge of the D&D rules, I didn't understand the mechanics and I was used to playing JRPGs on consoles which are so flashy and easy to get into in comparison.

I stuck with it, I read through the massive manual, familiarized myself with the D&D rules and once I finally understood the game, I fell in love.
It's one of my best gaming experiences and one of the best games I've played to this day .
http://www.youtube.com/jonnyX06
http://steamcard.com/do/nxe/jonnyXx.png

User Info: jgatlabayan

jgatlabayan
3 years ago#55
strike commander or wing commander, cant remember haha
i7 2600k @ 5ghz/ GTX 780 /Asrock z77 Extreme4 /16gb DDR3-1600 / Sandisk Extreme 240gb ssd /2tb hdd/BenQ XL2420T 24in 120hz /Noctua Nh d14/ all major consoles

User Info: AlkVelron

AlkVelron
3 years ago#56
Either Morrowind GoTY or Civilization 3.
XBL/PSN/STEAM Account Name - NEREVAR117
"If this is the chosen way, then there's nothing left to say."

User Info: Kaliesto

Kaliesto
3 years ago#57
Morrowind.
"GameFAQs is a giant MMO text adventure." - Clarifinatious
"I've beat it twice." - TheLichLord

User Info: cjsdowg

cjsdowg
3 years ago#58
Super Street Fighter . IT even came with a remote control. The first I planed was sticky Bear , and Mind Maze.
Bender: Well, everybody, I just saved a turtle. What have you done with your lives?

User Info: DiehardFFv2

DiehardFFv2
3 years ago#59
I believe Civilization 3.
3570k | r9 280x | 8GB DDR3 | 256GB SSD | 3TB HDD

User Info: XDone

XDone
3 years ago#60
SimAnt. In 1991 I believe. Well, I got it as a gift from my parents anyway. I didn't have enough of an allowance at 7 years old to buy $50-$70 video games, which in 1991 would be like buying a $120 game. Buying games on a regular basis was kind of rare back then unless your parents were upper middle class, which few people become until they have about 20-30 years of work experience. It was common to rent a game from a local rental store for $1-$2 on weekends. Also people would just copy PC games onto floppy discs and share them with each other. The anti-piracy features they had were pretty easily bypassed. I think the first PC game I bought with my allowance was Command and Conquer: Red Alert. And the first PC game I bought with money I made from a job was Diablo 2.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What is the first PC game you bought? (not necessarily the first you played)

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived