This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How's Zotac as a brand?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How's Zotac as a brand?

User Info: Whitebeard11

Whitebeard11
4 years ago#11
Oh I see, i'll try to wait for a couple more weeks to see if MSI or asus will drop price too. Thanks!

User Info: CardigansFan

CardigansFan
4 years ago#12
I had a Zotac GTX460. Didn't give me problems, but ran very hot compared to the XFX HD5770 I had previously.
Galaxy Note 3 * Samsung NX20 * AKA Magus77

User Info: Maximoom

Maximoom
4 years ago#13
I still playing with a 4-5 years old Zotac GTS 250 1GB ddr3. Running games at 1600x900 at average 40-60fps and fxaa is good enough for me yet. Will replace it with a GTX 760 as soon as it dies.

It dont seem like it will die anytime soon, and i do quite a lot of crap with it, like running stress benchmarks that make it run at 105ºC for half a hour. The only negative thing i can say, it is quite a loud card under pressure ^^!!!

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 years ago#14
Maximoom posted...
I still playing with a 4-5 years old Zotac GTS 250 1GB ddr3. Running games at 1600x900 at average 40-60fps and fxaa is good enough for me yet. Will replace it with a GTX 760 as soon as it dies.

It dont seem like it will die anytime soon, and i do quite a lot of crap with it, like running stress benchmarks that make it run at 105ºC for half a hour. The only negative thing i can say, it is quite a loud card under pressure ^^!!!

Yeah, it seems Zotacs get really hot and then really loud.

I just see that though as no much overclocking headroom.

I can only overclock my 650 core to 750 (and only 730 for reliability). That adds about 10-15C to the peak temperature.
Frankly a pathetic overclock. Nets about 1-5 fps extra.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: DarthFrozanous

DarthFrozanous
4 years ago#15
garbage brand
i5-3570k 3.4ghz | HiS 7950 BOOST 3GB | OCZ 256GB SSD / 18 GB RAM | 2 TB Barracuda | 750GB Hitachi | P8B75-V | Blackwidow Ultimate
Wii U, PS3, 3DS PC | GameFAQS

User Info: Alavard

Alavard
4 years ago#16
Both Zotac cards I've bought in the past had really low locked fan speeds. The more recent one, I think it was a 460 GTS, was capped at 70% fan speed, and even programs like afterburner couldn't help. And by default, neither card would go over 30% fan speed without me forcing them.

I recommend you stay away.

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 years ago#17
Alavard posted...
Both Zotac cards I've bought in the past had really low locked fan speeds. The more recent one, I think it was a 460 GTS, was capped at 70% fan speed, and even programs like afterburner couldn't help. And by default, neither card would go over 30% fan speed without me forcing them.

I recommend you stay away.

Yeah I've noticed that.

So when I'm overclocking, I force the fan speed up using rivatuner or nvidia inspector.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How's Zotac as a brand?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived