This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Finalizing build

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Finalizing build

User Info: Garquill

Garquill
3 years ago#1
CPU - Intel Core i5-4670K Haswell 3.4GHz LGA 1150 84W
PSU - some modular 600w thing
Audio- Sound Blaster Z

Mobo - ASUS Z87-A LGA 1150 Intel Z87 HDMI SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard
This has a discount deal with the 4670k and has pretty good ratings so this one seems good

RAM - 4GB (2GBx2) OCZ PC3 12800 DDR3 1600Mhz Memory
This is a leftover from my current build. Would I be able to use it with this mobo and add 2 or 4 more GB in there?

GPU - still deciding between
GTX 780 Ti
R9 290X
GTX 780

Case - Apevia Black X-Jupiter Jr. (5 5.25, 5 3.5 bays) 2 Fans, Window, Front Audio/USB/1394/Temp
Leftover from current build. I think I want a new case instead. What are the benefits of a full vs. mid case? Suggestions?

and thanks to those who have helped in previous topics
backloggery.com/Garquille
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein

User Info: KabtheMentat

KabtheMentat
3 years ago#2
Depends on the case, but mostly having a full case means just extra room to play around in, and better cable management options. I believe you need a full case to use some of the higher end CPU cooling options.

And your RAM should be fine.
Big Money. Big Women. Big Fun.
Skillz Ferguson

User Info: Flaktrooper123

Flaktrooper123
3 years ago#3
If you want to save a little more, instead of a soundcard, you can get motherboard with better onboard sound. If you really that much audiophile though, soundcard is still marginally better.

I don't think you need full tower unless you want to go crazy with 3-4 way SLI/crossfire and using E-ATX mobo. Mid tower is more than enough. Those corsair cases are good.

Garquill
3 years ago#4
I forgot to mention that I already own the PSU and sound card
"Education is what remains after one has forgotten everything he learned in school." ~ A. Einstein

Garquill
3 years ago#5
I'm looking for mid-size tower suggestions then. I'll see if I find any appealing ones

Garquill
3 years ago#6
top choice so far: Cooler Master HAF 912
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811119233

can I mix and match RAM at all?

Garquill
3 years ago#7
shameful bump

Garquill
3 years ago#8
very shameful last bump before I start buying things
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Finalizing build

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived