This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTX 780 Ti have three versions: 3GB, 6GB and 12GB. Looks to OC extremely well.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GTX 780 Ti have three versions: 3GB, 6GB and 12GB. Looks to OC extremely well.

User Info: KidInTheHall

KidInTheHall
4 years ago#31
LaMichael_James posted...
under what circumstances could you feasibly utilize most of the 12 GB vram? a lot of video rendering + watching some vids at the same time?

It's just nice to have the option.
i5-3570k | ASRock Z77 Extreme6 | EVGA 560Ti 448 Classified x2 SLI | 16GB G.Skill Ares | Corsair 600T White | 212 EVO | HX750

User Info: blakegalloway

blakegalloway
4 years ago#32
-CJF- posted...
under what circumstances could you feasibly utilize most of the 12 GB vram? a lot of video rendering + watching some vids at the same time?

I don't think a gamer needs that kind of vram. It could possibly be useful to those in the creative fields who do a lot of video/photo editing, 3d modeling, and cad, but even then 12 GB seems excessive.

That's why the new Quadro's have 12 GB. It's good for 3D rendering like a character in a Pixar movie or a huge model of a car in a CAD program.
Sometimes death comes knocking.
Sometimes it tears down the walls.

User Info: urtv

urtv
4 years ago#33

some rich guy on this forum will find a way.probably by heavily modding some game on multiple 4k monitors

User Info: Last_Grand_Mage

Last_Grand_Mage
4 years ago#34

Are you serious? the applications of 12GB VRAM should be obvious, it makes it clear who has the biggest e-peen.
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch

User Info: Panopictonguy

Panopictonguy
4 years ago#35
Arma 3 on 3 4k monitors @ 200% resolution with everything turned up to the max.
Oh, you thought they made this game for you? You clearly bought the wrong game.

User Info: KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade
4 years ago#36
How many of you are willing to spend that kind of money for the Video Card & Monitor setup to match?
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
4 years ago#37
So, this is the card to buy if you want to not need to upgrade for another 10 years. :D
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: MangorushXIII

MangorushXIII
4 years ago#38
DerPancake posted...
Snuckie isnt an AMD fan though...

He can't afford anything without a job.

User Info: Kenimatic

Kenimatic
4 years ago#39
KamenRiderBlade posted...
How many of you are willing to spend that kind of money for the Video Card & Monitor setup to match?

Yes.

Just imagine:

Quad SLI GTX 780 Ti 12GB Black Edition.

User Info: KamenRiderBlade

KamenRiderBlade
4 years ago#40
Kenimatic posted...
KamenRiderBlade posted...

Yes.

Just imagine:

Quad SLI GTX 780 Ti 12GB Black Edition.

I'm not questioning if it'll be awesome

I'm questioning will you spend the money for that kind of setup.
Are you a MexiCAN or a MexiCAN'T - Johnny Depp 'Once Upon A Time in Mexico'
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GTX 780 Ti have three versions: 3GB, 6GB and 12GB. Looks to OC extremely well.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived