This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is there a way to do split screen multiplayer on two monitors?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there a way to do split screen multiplayer on two monitors?

User Info: eagles5769

eagles5769
3 years ago#1
For games like Dirt 3, Trackmania, etc. that have split screen multiplayer can I play with a buddy if I hook another monitor up and we each get a screen? Is this even possible?
XBL/PSN/Steam: eagles5769
E8400 - Gigabyte UD3P - 4GB RAM - 4870 512mb 1080p - 600W PSU - Centurion 5 Case - 750GB HDD

User Info: StormKMD

StormKMD
3 years ago#2
I couldn't find anything on google. So, it must not be able to work.
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430

User Info: eagles5769

eagles5769
3 years ago#3
Yea same here. I saw that some guy got Borderlands 2 to work, but it looks like a lot of work. I think the best solution is to just play on a large TV instead using the built in split screen.
XBL/PSN/Steam: eagles5769
E8400 - Gigabyte UD3P - 4GB RAM - 4870 512mb 1080p - 600W PSU - Centurion 5 Case - 750GB HDD

User Info: StormKMD

StormKMD
3 years ago#4
Seems like it :/
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430

User Info: YoungAdultLink

YoungAdultLink
3 years ago#5
Borderlands 2 works like that because one of the devs went and figured it out and released it as a mod when the game came out. People were disappointed that the PC version didn't have local multiplayer, so he decided to build it himself.
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya

User Info: arrseetee

arrseetee
3 years ago#6
depends on the game. i know that l4d2 and portal 2 can do that with some tweeking. but yeah takes a bit of effort.
Posting from phone. So Police, don't whine about minor mistakes.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is there a way to do split screen multiplayer on two monitors?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived