This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I was so psyched on Fallout New Vegas...

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I was so psyched on Fallout New Vegas...

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
3 years ago#41
Slayn posted...
1. Dumb for not enabling auto-save

2. Dumb for not ignoring TP

You literally create your own frustration.

lol
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: xBrokenxHalox

xBrokenxHalox
3 years ago#42

I guess we both lose. Although more so you, because not only do you make horrible topics you also apparently have disgustingly bad taste in everything if you think I'm a bad poster when I say nothing but facts. I anticipated as much though, the ignorant are unaware they're ignorant, otherwise they wouldn't be in said category.

TimePharaoh posted...
k

wat
Error. Human is dead, mismatch.

User Info: kelemvor

kelemvor
3 years ago#43
Yeah, alt-tabbing can seriously screw things up with games that have a huge memory footprint. I've learned to never do that without saving first. I wouldn't necessarily blame all that on Bethesda/Obsidian. Microsoft surely shares some of the blame.

I need to get back in to New Vegas. I got to the point where you enter New Vegas and have to make a big decision on who to side with. I explored a lot of side quests and had maybe 10-20 hours in the game.

Unfortunately with a 1yr old I just can't play these types of games any more. I get 1 hour, maybe 2 of free time a day, max. Maybe I'll take a week vacation just to tackle New Vegas or Skyrim and see how far I can go.
Kelemvor Lyonsbane

User Info: TiamatKiller

TiamatKiller
3 years ago#44
That's kind of what happened to me.

FO:NV was the first game I really modded the s*** out of (spent around 3-4 hours). I got about either half or 3/4 of the way through the game when I got my SSD. I forgot about registry changes and all that crap so I pretty much lost everything....willpower instantly lost.
i5-3570k @3.4GHZ | GTX 560Ti (2GB) @900MHz | Asus P8Z77-V Pro | Samsung 840 (250GB) | 1TB Seagate 7200rpm | 8GB RAM | Zalman 9900 MAX | CoolerMaster HAF 912

User Info: codyorr

codyorr
3 years ago#45
TimePharaoh posted...
k

Good solution to a rant.

User Info: TimePharaoh

TimePharaoh
3 years ago#46
xBrokenxHalox posted...

I guess we both lose. Although more so you, because not only do you make horrible topics you also apparently have disgustingly bad taste in everything if you think I'm a bad poster when I say nothing but facts. I anticipated as much though, the ignorant are unaware they're ignorant, otherwise they wouldn't be in said category.

TimePharaoh posted...
k

wat

He posted a DearGamefaqs diary post. How are you supposed to respond to a non-question? By giving him the acknowledgement he desperately needs.

Winfaqs, u salt?
HE are genius, firstly. - ASlaveObeys
GestapoFAQs http://i.imgur.com/prqCDHz.png http://i.imgur.com/ooNGE4u.png

User Info: XDone

XDone
3 years ago#47
Worries about autosave on a PC game which allows you to quicksave at the touch of a button.

Did you just discover PC gaming?

User Info: Cool_Dude667

Cool_Dude667
3 years ago#48
For some reason whenever I quickload a game I start to lag really bad like sub 20fps and stuttering all over the place. Regular loading is fine though...
Not changing this sig until Christ returns -- Started 30 A.D
3770K @ 4.2Ghz | 16GB Corsair Vengeance | GTX 670 SLi

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
3 years ago#49
XDone posted...
Worries about autosave on a PC game which allows you to quicksave at the touch of a button.

Did you just discover PC gaming?

Quick saves in bethesda games are like playing the lottery. You get a corruption and your done. You pick up a bugged item combination and your save is fubard for good. Always save on multiple slots frequently. Its why CASM is so good. I have 20 saves that are cycled through and the quicksave functionality is still there.
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
3 years ago#50
StormKMD posted...
gsf4lyfe posted...
TimePharaoh posted...
k

Shut the **** up

Umm, rude?

Normally yes, but given that this is TimePharaoh we're talking about (someone who rarely/if ever adds anything constructive to a thread) I'm ok with it. But yeah, TC, you might have some anger issues if you're getting this riled up over this. Take a deep breath.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I was so psyched on Fallout New Vegas...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived