The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is time to upgrade or new build?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is time to upgrade or new build?

User Info: KunkWRX

KunkWRX
3 years ago#1
Hello all,

So I just had a topic on SSD, but I decided to just create a new one since it'll be a new subject. I've been thinking of upgrading parts of my PC recently and it started with just a SSD, then it became I might need new RAM, then I realized my GPU is starting to get old... So.... how about I just build a new PC. My PC will be used for gaming, and photo editing. I just need the tower. I have a OS, monitor, keyboard/mouse. So far this is what I was thinking.

PSU:
No idea, but it MUST be dual voltage (ex 110v-240v) because I'll be living overseas for quite some time)

RAM:
Don't matter

CPU:
Prefer Intel since that is what I always had in the past.

GPU:
I prefer NVIDIA. I see the EVGA 770 right now has 3 free games with it. that would be pretty cool

Case:
I have a laptop so mobility isn't that big of an issue. I can do a full size. Currently I have the HAF 922 and I like that.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811147053 possibly? Only $110

CPU Cooler:
I don't plan on overclocking my CPU ever, so if you feel I don't need a cooler then I'll stick with the stock one. I will not overclock my CPU.

Hard-drive:
I added up how much room I use on my current PC and I saw it's at like 220GB so I think a 500GB SSD is good. I was thinking the Samsung 840 Evo 500GB

Optical:
Don't matter to me.

My budget is probably $1,500 total. What kind of setup could I get with that you all think?
| HAF 922 | i7 930 - 2.8GHz | EVGA 480 GTX | 6G DDR3 1600 | P6X58D Premium | ABS Dark Berret 850W | Corsair H70 | 1TB WD Caviar Black |

User Info: EpicKingdom_

EpicKingdom_
3 years ago#2
Overseas? Don't build a PC.. you got things to do.
The PC gaming Master Race will never die out. We will continue to train, raise, and breed Master Race.
http://www.youtube.com/user/PCGamingMasterRace87/videos

KunkWRX
3 years ago#3
Haha I appreciate the concern. I'm going to England for 2 years for work. It's nothing major and not a big deal. I'll still be working a normal schedule over there. It's just I have a lot of vacation time with my current work and it transfers over to my new job in England, so I'll be taking a lot of days off to travel Europe. Not sure if you got me confused with going to Afghanistan or something like that.
| HAF 922 | i7 930 - 2.8GHz | EVGA 480 GTX | 6G DDR3 1600 | P6X58D Premium | ABS Dark Berret 850W | Corsair H70 | 1TB WD Caviar Black |
(message deleted)

KunkWRX
3 years ago#5
So here is where I am at so far:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1X8Wt

Only part I'm still iffy on is the Power Supply. What is your opinion on all this?
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is time to upgrade or new build?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived