This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Upgrade from gtx 580 sli question

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Upgrade from gtx 580 sli question

User Info: dav1dvh86

dav1dvh86
3 years ago#1
Right now I've got two GTX 580's in SLI (gigabyte soc and msi twin frozer II, both 1,5gb versions). I got two monitors connected to them and a TV for couch gaming/XBMC.

I've been looking around a bit to replace them with a single new card, a GTX 780 would set me back around 500 (I should be able to get around 150 euro per card if i sell them online though, maybe more if I'm patient). But if I buy a GTX 780 I wouldn't be able to use all 3 screens at once, so I'm looking at the AMD equivalent as well.

Anyway, how much of a performance increase would I get if I buy a current generation single card and would that increase be worth it to upgrade?

User Info: MasterDonGero

MasterDonGero
3 years ago#2
Why do you think that you can't use 3 monitors with a 780?
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#3
Also, I think a 780 might be a downgrade from a sli 580.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: thetruth928

thetruth928
3 years ago#4
SinisterSlay posted...
Also, I think a 780 might be a downgrade from a sli 580.

Pretty much this. I had sli 580's and upgraded to a 7970 and a 7950. Couldn't be any happier.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Upgrade from gtx 580 sli question

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived