This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Up to what caliber graphics card can I safely run with a 500 watt corsair PSU?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Up to what caliber graphics card can I safely run with a 500 watt corsair PSU?

User Info: Dragonfire4356

Dragonfire4356
4 years ago#1
Im currently running a geforce 465 gtx, which I hear is a power hog and its been running fine.

But im in the market for a new card.

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
4 years ago#2
A titan will run fine on 500 watts so long as you aren't trying to OC it to the max alongside a similarly maxed CPU.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: Dragonfire4356

Dragonfire4356
4 years ago#3
PhilOnDez posted...
A titan will run fine on 500 watts so long as you aren't trying to OC it to the max alongside a similarly maxed CPU.

Oh really? Didn't expect that.

So I can pretty much get any card on the market as long as I dont give it a ridiculous OC?

BTW my cpu is an i5 3570k and I have it clocked at 4.2 ghz

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
4 years ago#4
High end Fermi cards or a 290/290X would probably stretch you pretty thin but any GK104/110 card or a 7970/280x (that's the 7970 clone right?) or lower should be fine.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Up to what caliber graphics card can I safely run with a 500 watt corsair PSU?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived