This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a new 23" monitor below $150, any big differences between these?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a new 23" monitor below $150, any big differences between these?

User Info: Volebamus

Volebamus
3 years ago#1
To mention, I know that better deals are likely closer to Thanksgiving, but I actually need one to work on this time rather than using the TV as a backup, and can no longer wait much longer. I don't want to stretch the budget above $150, unless somehow I could get a decent 27" instead. Ones I found online after some searching was:

Samsung:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824001799

Asus:
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16824236174

As far as I can tell, there isn't much difference between these two, but I wanted to make sure that I didn't miss anything. Also, if you have any alternative recommendations, feel free to suggest as well within the $150 baseline. The ones above aren't (e)IPS, but I would prefer that if possible within budget.
(( It is of my own Volition to act as I have. ))

User Info: thatfool12Gs

thatfool12Gs
3 years ago#2
I have the Dell S2340m. It is 149.00 IIRC on Amazon.
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU

User Info: someflamablekid

someflamablekid
3 years ago#3
I'd take the ASUS one.

Volebamus
3 years ago#4
Oh, great suggestion, thanks. I was actually on Amazon earlier and was going to post that this monitor from AOC was something I'd possibly consider stretching a little past $150:

http://amzn.com/B009V8F700

But that Dell (which seems to be $160 now) looks really good as well, and brand-wise I assume Dell to be more reliable.

Volebamus
3 years ago#5
Bump for any other deals that I might be blind on.

Volebamus
3 years ago#6
One more bump. I've favored the Dell for $160 especially since I had a chance to see it on display at a store, so I wanted to check if anyone is aware of any better quality monitor, or an ips that's cheaper.

User Info: Bowsaa

Bowsaa
3 years ago#7
I also looked at that AOC myself, but I ended up going for an ASUS VS239 (23" IPS). I'm definitely happy with it. My only complaint is that the stand is a slight bit flimsy, so if the keyboard is touching the base and I hammer the keys too hard the monitor wobbles a little, but it's not an issue. I'd give it 4/5 stars because of the stand, but the monitor itself is great.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B008DWITHI/ref=pe_385040_30332190_pe_175190_21431760_M3T1_ST1_dp_1
RENAMON!! *weeping* YOU HAVEN'T BENT ANYONE OVER THE SINK AND SHOVED A "CHECK THE STICKY* UP THEIR ASS IN MONTHS!! *curls into ball crying*- Cither3000

Volebamus
3 years ago#8
Hah, yeah I saw the same one while trying to find more deals online on NewEgg, and saw Amazon price-matched it.

I actually used to have the same monitor a while back but in 21.5" size. The table I'll use for the monitor isn't that stable as it's on wheels, so the monitor seemed to rock a lot without much pressure on the keyboard or mouse movement when my forearm grazes the desk. Now I actually value a stable stand in my current scenario, but probably wouldn't have if I had a more stable desk.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a new 23" monitor below $150, any big differences between these?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived