This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

660 Ti to 680 a good upgrade?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 660 Ti to 680 a good upgrade?

User Info: Snadados

Snadados
3 years ago#11
A second 660ti would be the best upgrade for your money.

Your PSU should be enough for two 660tis but you may not have enough PCIE power cables and you'll need a couple molex to PCIE converters.

For a single card upgrade you'd be looking at $400 or more easy.
Have you accepted Raspberyl as your loli and savior?

User Info: Sergei_Dukanov

Sergei_Dukanov
3 years ago#12
280x. Same price, HUGE jump. Avoid MSI for now.
FX8350 oc'ed 4.6ghz ASRock 990fx Extreme9 16 gigs ddr3 HIS 7870 :( antec 750W NZXT Phantom Full Tower http://imgur.com/DKxtZXP http://imgur.com/I9vdXTk

User Info: MasterDonGero

MasterDonGero
3 years ago#13
Koga316 posted...
Then what would be a good upgrade?

R9 290 or GTX 780.
3570K (4.8 GHz) | Dual-X 7970 | ASRock Z77 OC Formula | Corsair Vengeance 2x 4 GB | WD Black 1 TB | Corsair TX750 | XSPC Raystorm 750 RS240 Kit | NZXT Phantom

User Info: YoungAdultLink

YoungAdultLink
3 years ago#14
I'd just wait another year, go for the 800 series. The 660ti is still a really solid card. A bit better than my 7870, and I have no complaints.
Once we perfect building Mechs, I expect there to be a factory in Mexico pumping out a brand call Mechsican. I wanna buy me a Mechsican.
steamid: Rohchya

User Info: Orestes417

Orestes417
3 years ago#15
Yeah, I don't plan to upgrade my 660ti till next round of cards at least. possibly longer depending on exactly what's out. The most demanding thing I play atm is BF4 and the performance there is acceptable.
I am the mighty thesaurus! RAWR!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. 660 Ti to 680 a good upgrade?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived