This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

A good set of 2.1 speakers?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. A good set of 2.1 speakers?

User Info: Incendia_Intus

Incendia_Intus
3 years ago#1
Three of my my 7.1 speakers have died and I'm looking for a cheap replacement as the others seem on their way out. My wife and I just bought a new house, so I would like to keep it sort of cheap, $20-$30 maybe... Does anyone have a suggestion?
GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3 | i5-2500K @ 4.5GHz| Phantek PH-TC14PE| EVGA GTX 580 | G.SKILL Sniper 8GB | OCZ Vertex 2 40GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB | HAF 912 | HX750 750W

User Info: kelemvor

kelemvor
3 years ago#2
That's way to low a budget for a set of *good* speakers. 20 dollars will barely buy you some cheap ipod speakers.

First of all, if you don't have an amplifier, you'll need powered speakers, and I don't think they get that cheap. Second, you probably can't afford a subwoofer, so you don't want 2.1 you just want some decent, full range speakers.

Push your budget up a little and buy these:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/pro-audio/behringer-ms16-active-personal-monitor-system
$79.99, but then you'll have a decent cheap set of studio monitors and you can be done with it. I would rather 2 good powered speakers than a similarly priced 7.1 system.

EDIT:
Here are some really cheap speakers in your budget, but I would only buy them as a stopgap measure before I bought some nicer multimedia ones.
http://www.amazon.com/Logitech-980-000417-Speakers-Z130/dp/B003CP0OT2/ref=dp_ob_title_ce

$23.99
Kelemvor Lyonsbane
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. A good set of 2.1 speakers?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived