This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is Toshiba a good brand for laptops?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Toshiba a good brand for laptops?

User Info: rabbi_baby

rabbi_baby
3 years ago#11
I buy Lenovo E530's for work, and they're great. Super strong formfactor which holds up to the idiotic endusers i given them to, and they let me put in a 24gb SSD cache drive which makes loadtimes super quick.

Once I completely spec out the computer (i5, 4gb ram, 500gb hdd +24gb SSD) it comes to around $6-700 depending on what sale is going on. Then I have to load in win7 pro/office home/business/adobe standard which raises up the price to 900-1k. Great little laptops.

However for myself, who takes care of the laptop, have an MSI GE60 as my main workstation, and an MSI x460dx for my mobile platform. I put a 240gb MSATA in the GE60 and it runs like a charm. Deleted the optical drive from the x460 and put in a vertex 4/disk caddy.

Both run windows 8 (haters gonna hate) w/ stardock's Start8, so they're super quick.
TT Level 10 GT Snow Edition| i5 3570k w/ Corsair H100i | 2x XFX 7950 | 32GB DDR3 2400 | MSI Z77A-G45 Thunderbolt| Corsair AX1200i | 512GB 840 Pro | 2TB WD Green

User Info: LaMichael_James

LaMichael_James
3 years ago#12
TheWayOfTheGun posted...
Lenovo, Asus, MSI

no sager
hp and dell are fine
bust rb

User Info: Superlinkbros89

Superlinkbros89
3 years ago#13
My parents have a a similar laptop to the one you mentioned. They have some of the worst cooling and noise of a laptop out there ( Its louder than my Lenovo z500 at a max load when they are just browsing the web to put this into perspective)
Not changing this sig until a Kid Icarus Uprising sequel is announced. Started: 01/01/2013

User Info: Dorami

Dorami
3 years ago#14
Is that the worst laptop at Bestbuy? I bought a X502CA-BCL0901D as a temporary replacement. It has worse specs and a terrible keyboard. The trackpad was nicer than the Toshiba that was right next to it, but it was still bad. Then again, it's much lighter than the C55-A5300.

Much as I love Thinkpads, I suspect TC isn't willing to shell out for that quality if his first choice is a $230 computer.
"...Ashley takes on Lord Blazer alone in a white cape with flowing rockstar hair while playing his impossibly cool sword as a guitar..." - LBoksha

User Info: OldSorrow

OldSorrow
3 years ago#15
Toshiba is like KIA.
If you don't use Throwback Mode for a full week while logged in, you will lose access.

User Info: Pepys Monster

Pepys Monster
3 years ago#16
I had a ****ty MSI laptop for 3 years. Acer is way better.
AMD A10 5757M @ 2.5GHz | Radeon 8750M 2GB | Samsung Evo 1TB SSD | 8GB DDR3-1600 | Windows 8

User Info: RogueStriker

RogueStriker
3 years ago#17
I had an old Toshiba laptop that had an overheating problem. It became so bad, it would die even when I wasn't playing a game.

Not sure if they fixed their overheating issues.
Gotta love Photon Cannon.
1934-1042-4099

User Info: castrejon04

castrejon04
3 years ago#18
Remember, I'm upgrading from a Latitude D620 with a damage battery and an almost dead charger. I'm on a tight budget, I just want a replacement laptop, nothing more.
"Don't let it end like this...Tell them I said something." Pancho Villa

User Info: SemperFiAngel

SemperFiAngel
3 years ago#19
I work at Best Buy as well. For the love of God, don't waste money on that pos. As a matter of fact most Toshiba's under 400 bucks always have battery issues.

Buy the $339.99 i3 HP laptop if you are on a budget or find an open item laptop and get a deal out of it.
Youtube:
www.youtube.com/chrisrey3156
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is Toshiba a good brand for laptops?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived