This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Anyone have BF4 on an SSD?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone have BF4 on an SSD?

User Info: TheMoonJumper

TheMoonJumper
3 years ago#11
daveyman23 posted...
hey xeeh

I have heard it dramatically improves the ridiculous loading times of BF4. For example, you will actually be able to get a vehicle at the start of a match

Every vehicle is available when I spawn in, so yeah, heli-whores go buy an SSD. =)
i5 4670K - MSI Z87 G45 - MSI GTX 770 2GB - 8GB Corsair Vengeance - Intel 128GB Cherrville SSD - 2TB Seagate HDD - H100i - 750w 80+ Gold

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#12
I first installed the game on my WD Black, then moved it to my SSD, it was a marked improvement.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: Logical_One

Logical_One
3 years ago#13
Xeeh_Bitz posted...
IF so, are the load times fast? Right now on a WD Black Drive, it takes forever. Thinking of moving it over to my SSD

I have it on my SSD. I'm usually amongst the first to load into the game.
Gamefaqs....the land where pokemon is the holy grail and final fantasy is God himself--Raptorleon3

User Info: LordSeifer

LordSeifer
3 years ago#14
daveyman23 posted...

From what I have heard from my friends this game does well with an SSD but I would hold my breath for now. Give it another two weeks or so

bad advice. he will die.
^ this

User Info: rabbi_baby

rabbi_baby
3 years ago#15
Bad loading times? What bad loading times?

If you mean that my SSD gives me a nice window to pick whatever vehicle I want, then yes, it does do that.
TT Level 10 GT Snow Edition| i5 3570k w/ Corsair H100i | 2x XFX 7950 | 32GB DDR3 2400 | MSI Z77A-G45 Thunderbolt| Corsair AX1200i | 512GB 840 Pro | 2TB WD Green

User Info: _GRIM_FANDANGO_

_GRIM_FANDANGO_
3 years ago#16
I have not experienced BF4 on a normal harddrive, so I am not sure what the differences are.

However, I have it on SSD and found that the loading times are quite short, and I am usually one of the first to get into the game.
I5 3570 | GTX 760 | FILCO Majestouch 2 tenkeyless | Zowie FK | Asus Xonar DGX | Kingston 120 GB SSD | Sennheiser HD 518 | Samsung S24A350H
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Anyone have BF4 on an SSD?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived