This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Should I just upgrade to Windows 8 and get it over with?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Should I just upgrade to Windows 8 and get it over with?

User Info: TheMoonJumper

TheMoonJumper
4 years ago#1
I'm currently running Windows 7 64-bit. I'm assuming at some point most games are going to be optimized for Windows 8 and I'm going to end up switching anyways.

What are the pros and cons vs. Windows 7?

I'm not some Windows 7 elitist who refuses switch but I don't want to spend the time right now if it's in my best interests.

Specs in my signature.
i5 4670K - MSI Z87 G45 - MSI GTX 770 2GB - 8GB Corsair Vengeance - Intel 128GB Cherrville SSD - 2TB Seagate HDD - H100i - 750w 80+ Gold

User Info: ThePCElitist

ThePCElitist
4 years ago#2
TheMoonJumper posted...
I'm currently running Windows 7 64-bit. I'm assuming at some point most games are going to be optimized for Windows 8 and I'm going to end up switching anyways.

I'm not some Windows 7 elitist who refuses switch but I don't want to spend the time right now if it's in my best interests.

Specs in my signature.

I have a new user name now.
When I'm Miqo'te
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h3LGf9SSWrU

User Info: unknown2226

unknown2226
4 years ago#3
Wait for the next windows or rock bottom prices on windows 8
GTX 580 SLI - i5 2500k @ 4.6 - 8GB RAM - Crucial M4 256GB - HX1050 - ASRock Z3X3 - NZXT Switch 810 - BenQ XL2420TX
http://i.imgur.com/EjVaT6l.jpg

User Info: TheMoonJumper

TheMoonJumper
4 years ago#4
ThePCElitist posted...
TheMoonJumper posted...

Specs in my signature.

I have a new user name now.

You're welcome. =)
i5 4670K - MSI Z87 G45 - MSI GTX 770 2GB - 8GB Corsair Vengeance - Intel 128GB Cherrville SSD - 2TB Seagate HDD - H100i - 750w 80+ Gold

User Info: ArkonBlade

ArkonBlade
4 years ago#5
I have win 8 and not by choice. It came with my Laptop. I'd say wait another year maybe 2 till MS gets it fixed up more.

Still has a lot of issues.
SRPG games...i just love them!
PSN - ArkonBlade XBL - The Wolf Shadow STEAM - ArkonBlade

User Info: PraetorXyn

PraetorXyn
4 years ago#6
There's no reason to upgrade to it from Windows 7.
If you were building a new PC I'd say you may as well go with 8.1, but it would just be a waste of money to upgrade to it for no reason.

You have to remember that most games still don't even use DX11, so I wouldn't even worry about DX 11.1/11.2 not working on 7.
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9

User Info: JKatarn

JKatarn
4 years ago#7
I would say the reports of scattered compatibility/driver etc. issues with current games far outweigh a few titles years down the road maybe being optimized for Windows 8/DX 11.1 etc. I would honestly wait for Windows 8.2 or Service Pack 1/2 or whatever Microsoft will call the next major update.
Asus P8Z68-V LE | Core i7 2600K | 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws DDR3 | Gigabyte GeForce GTX 660 Windforce OC
PS3 | PS2 | PSP| Wii | 3DS | DS | X-Box 360 | X-Box | NES
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Should I just upgrade to Windows 8 and get it over with?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived