This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Is it my GPU or is it the game?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is it my GPU or is it the game?

User Info: CyberZes

CyberZes
3 years ago#1
I have a custom built PC (not by me) with an I5-3570K, 16GB ram and a GTX 780. However, in games like Batman Arkham Origins or GTA 4 or COD Ghosts, I can max out the graphics but I still get slight stutter in some areas. Is this because my GPU is bad or is it because of the CPU?

User Info: lost_within

lost_within
3 years ago#2
Perhaps...
"The two most common elements in the universe are Hydrogen and stupidity."
Harlan Ellison

User Info: SinisterSlay

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#3
A stutter, as in when it's loading?

All console ports stream textures while the game runs, so some stuttering is to be expected. Since for some reason we still can't build a computer that can wait on IO requests without hanging the entire system.
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

User Info: thatfool12Gs

thatfool12Gs
3 years ago#4
I see stuttering issues more when having in game v-sync on. Try turning it off and check for better results.
Asus Sabertooth z77 - Core i5 3570k @ 4.5Ghz - Hyper 212 Evo - G. Skill Ripjaws X 16 GB Ram - EVGA GTX 680 - Xion 1000W PSU

CyberZes
3 years ago#5
For GTA4, the stutter happens when I load and then come out of a safehouse and get on a bike or in a car.

Batman Arkham Origins: It happens mainly when entering a new room or before a cinematic.

COD Ghosts: Slight stutter during playing but not often. This one I have to experiment with more.

Someone mentioned for Batman it could be the Unreal engine which is causing the stutter.

CyberZes
3 years ago#6
Will give V-Sync off a try.

So all three games are deemed console ports?

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#7
CyberZes posted...
For GTA4, the stutter happens when I load and then come out of a safehouse and get on a bike or in a car.

Batman Arkham Origins: It happens mainly when entering a new room or before a cinematic.

COD Ghosts: Slight stutter during playing but not often. This one I have to experiment with more.

Someone mentioned for Batman it could be the Unreal engine which is causing the stutter.

Do any native PC games stutter?
Like say, X3, or x-rebirth, warband, civilization? any of those?
He who stumbles around in darkness with a stick is blind. But he who... sticks out in darkness... is... fluorescent! - Brother Silence

CyberZes
3 years ago#8
I have not tried any of the native games you mentioned. I am mainly into FPS or action games. But I will try testing with a non-console port to see how it goes.

SinisterSlay
3 years ago#9
CyberZes posted...
I have not tried any of the native games you mentioned. I am mainly into FPS or action games. But I will try testing with a non-console port to see how it goes.

I'm just guessing though, but I know unreal3 stutters like crazy when scenes load.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Is it my GPU or is it the game?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived