This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Weird GOG sale

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Weird GOG sale

User Info: KillerTruffle

KillerTruffle
3 years ago#1
OK, so I can't remember the name of the site (name's on the tip of my tongue, but can't remember), but a couple years ago a site was popular on this board that held sales on random things, with a limited quantity, and as soon as one item sold out, a new one would be listed. The sale lasted as long as it took to sell out on the item, so that could be 3 minutes or 3 hours.

So yeah... GOG is doing that with random games. As I write this, Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition is $1.50, with 74 copies left. It'll probably be gone by the time this is posted, but a new game will replace it. Take a look if you're interested...

http://www.gog.com

EDIT: I believe the site I was thinking of was woot.com - they held lightning sales like this all the time.
"How do I get rid of a Trojan Horse?" -Sailor_Kakashi
"Leave it outside the gates of Troy overnight." -Davel23

User Info: SlashmanSG

SlashmanSG
3 years ago#2
KillerTruffle posted...
As I write this, Duke Nukem 3D Atomic Edition is $1.50, with 74 copies left.

Remember last year when they gave it away free for 3 days or so? I got in on that.
Fight Science with Wood
http://gifs.gifbin.com/072010/1280303569_walmart-moonwalk.gif http://img32.imageshack.us/img32/8299/0341551001256026444.gif

User Info: El Magnifico

El Magnifico
3 years ago#3
They just had populous for free, but it it was gone within a second. It looks like they also had Omerta, Tropico 3, and Shelter for free at various points.

KillerTruffle
3 years ago#4
Sword of the Stars: The Pit is up now, and going super fast. $2.09.

KillerTruffle
3 years ago#5
Wow... Wing Commander 4 popped up for free, and in the SECOND it took me to click to buy, it was gone. @_@

User Info: r0ge00

r0ge00
3 years ago#6
Yah, seems crazy. Potentially good deals though. Better than 6 hour flash sales.

User Info: Doomsday Forte

Doomsday Forte
3 years ago#7
GOG's "stare at the screen all day lest you miss a great deal!" sale has begun.
Crimson night & Celsion moon, misfiction, not save the Player is Prayer, yes, Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia.

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#8
Under a Killing Moon sure went fast! 100 copies gone in probably about a minute :)
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: StormKMD

StormKMD
3 years ago#9
Somebody, somewhere, is buying all the copies. .___.
MSI 660 GeForce 2GB | i5 3570K | AsRock Z77 Pro3 | Seagate Barracuda 500GB | Ballistix 8GB | Corsair CX430

User Info: Doomsday Forte

Doomsday Forte
3 years ago#10
Wow, Ultima 7 was gone in about three seconds. I have a feeling people with fast Internet speeds have the clear advantage here.
Crimson night & Celsion moon, misfiction, not save the Player is Prayer, yes, Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Weird GOG sale

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived