This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

I'm gonna buy a laptop, need some pointers.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm gonna buy a laptop, need some pointers.

User Info: Marioguy5

Marioguy5
3 years ago#1
With Black Friday just around the corner and the sales already starting, Imma buy a laptop now. I was eying this.
http://www.dell.com/us/eep/p/inspiron-15-3537/pd?oc=dnpcc204h&model_id=inspiron-15-3537
From what I know (which admittedly isn't too much), it looks pretty good. It's also marked down a TON right now, so now would be the time.
I don't need an ultra-powered gaming laptop, but I would like to be able to handle some high-end games, at least on low settings. I couldn't care less about touch-screen laptops. I pretty much want an everyday laptop with some extra power. If this one looks bad, could you give me some tips to keep looking? My knowledge of computers is a bit rudimentary.
Tank U!
And yes, I posted this on two PC boards. I didn't know which one was proper :P
I'm a Jesus Geek and 100% proud of it. I also watch MLP:FiM, read math books for fun, play the ocarina, and wear bow ties.
http://tinyurl.com/4s3cps8

User Info: Dieselzone32450

Dieselzone32450
3 years ago#2
gonna bump this for tc
If you take the Sensui hype as 100% true then, 20% of Sensui =SSJ3 Goku. -Knowledge King

User Info: Dorami

Dorami
3 years ago#3
It will not handle high end games well. Even on low settings it's likely to dip well below 30 fps. The i5-4200U is, as the U designation suggests, an ultralow voltage CPU designed for power efficiency. The HD 4400 integrated is only something like 10% better than the HD 4000, which is decent for an Intel IGP, but only for it's for non-demanding games.
"...Ashley takes on Lord Blazer alone in a white cape with flowing rockstar hair while playing his impossibly cool sword as a guitar..." - LBoksha

User Info: Marioguy5

Marioguy5
3 years ago#4
Dorami posted...
It will not handle high end games well. Even on low settings it's likely to dip well below 30 fps. The i5-4200U is, as the U designation suggests, an ultralow voltage CPU designed for power efficiency. The HD 4400 integrated is only something like 10% better than the HD 4000, which is decent for an Intel IGP, but only for it's for non-demanding games.

Good to know, thanks. I'll bump this a little more for any other thoughts/opinions.
I'm a Jesus Geek and 100% proud of it. I also watch MLP:FiM, read math books for fun, play the ocarina, and wear bow ties.
http://tinyurl.com/4s3cps8
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. I'm gonna buy a laptop, need some pointers.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived