This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Could use help with video capture

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Could use help with video capture

User Info: HarmonicWave

HarmonicWave
4 years ago#1
I'm trying to get a simple video capture setup going to record video from a VCR into my PC. I have an ATI TV Wonder 600 that I'm borrowing from someone, but the problem is I can't get the drivers or software figured out to actually use the hardware because it's no longer supported on their site.

So if I want an inexpensive way to capture video, which device is best and which software is best to go with it. I don't need anything fancy or professional, just something that works well and doesn't cost much.
Video gamer since 1987... before that I actually played outside in the dirt, making mountains and rivers with a shovel and a garden hose.

User Info: peteyboo

peteyboo
4 years ago#2
Pinnacle Dazzle is good for $50. I'll assume this VCR is composite only since, you know, it's a VCR.

You can use the Pinnacle Studio it comes with or download a program called AmarecTV. It takes a bit of setting up, but it's easier to use in the end, and has a bit more flexibility.
Gee, it sure is boring around here. *rolls eyes*
I do Let's Plays sometimes! Current game: glitching Pokemon Blue Version http://www.youtube.com/user/peteyboo

User Info: HarmonicWave

HarmonicWave
4 years ago#3
Thanks, that looks like just what I'm looking for.

Actually, the VCR is a combo unit with a DVD recorder, so it also has component video out that displays whatever is output through the unit. I have my old Nintendo game systems hooked up to it so I can play them on my HDTV with the clearest possible picture (not HD, but better than composite).
Video gamer since 1987... before that I actually played outside in the dirt, making mountains and rivers with a shovel and a garden hose.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Could use help with video capture

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived