This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What's a good, CHEAP laptop for all around use?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's a good, CHEAP laptop for all around use?

User Info: Melenator

Melenator
3 years ago#1
Console gamer, sold my ps3, desktop broke, and next gen is not worth $500 right now. I'm going to start college here soon so it would be good to have one.
Basically I want something that's 150 (probably too low to get a quality one) to $300. If it can play games that would be awesome because I know I'm going to start fiening to play something after awhile.

Note, I really don't know anything about pc's, which you've probably already figured out already.

User Info: Dorami

Dorami
3 years ago#2
Good build quality starts around $800, unfortunately.

The 300 or less laptops are pretty much the same: Cheap, bad touchpad, 15.6", 5-6 lb, 1366x786, mediocre battery. Unless you get an old netbook with a tiny screen and keyboard.
"...Ashley takes on Lord Blazer alone in a white cape with flowing rockstar hair while playing his impossibly cool sword as a guitar..." - LBoksha

User Info: XNo_FearX

XNo_FearX
3 years ago#3
just get a tablet honestly
PSN ID: Ctx_Ghost FC: 1392-4747-3214
Asus Laptop | GTX 670M | i5 @3.1GHz | 8gb Ram | 750 HD | W8

User Info: Conker

Conker
3 years ago#4
XNo_FearX posted...
just get a tablet honestly

This.

As far as gaming goes, you'll be limited to the stuff on app stores, not full PC games (though there are a growing number that have some decent production values). With a Windows tablet, although the ecosystem isn't the greatest yet, you would get a solid version of Office that would be great for school.

Otherwise, like the first reply said, for $300 or under you'll get mediocre specs, size, weight, display, battery life, etc.

I wouldn't even consider putting anything less than $600 into a full Windows 8 laptop, and ideally for some gaming $800-1000.
Lets Go: Lions, Red Wings, Tigers, Pistons!
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What's a good, CHEAP laptop for all around use?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived