This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

What kind of power supply would I need?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What kind of power supply would I need?

User Info: PhilOnDez

PhilOnDez
3 years ago#11
500 would be enough for stock clocks and even a moderate overclock, provided you get a good unit of course. 600 would be my recommendation unless you really want to push your parts to the max but if that were the case I've got a feeling you'd already know what PSU you wanted.
Every time I try to go where I really wanna be it's already where I am, 'cuz I'm already there
XBL, PSN, Steam, Origin, BSN, GFAQs, MC: PhilOnDez

User Info: DarkZV2Beta

DarkZV2Beta
3 years ago#12
For a regular 780 and a mid-range board like that, 500w would be fine.
Have you considered going with a 780 Lightning, though? Not much more, and will perform markedly superior to a stock 780 PCB. For that, I would recommend 550-600w.
Even people have toenails. Of course PCs have toenails. -claytonbuckley

User Info: Last_Grand_Mage

Last_Grand_Mage
3 years ago#13
Flaktrooper123 posted...
See the top right, there should be roughly how much power you need. Please put the rest of the components first though (hard drive/ssd, optical drive, wifi, whatever you need). I suspect you will need 550-650W.

DarkZV2Beta posted...
For a regular 780 and a mid-range board like that, 500w would be fine.
Have you considered going with a 780 Lightning, though? Not much more, and will perform markedly superior to a stock 780 PCB. For that, I would recommend 550-600w.

Best two pieces of advice in the whole thread.

A somewhat less important consideration is also that having your PSU operating below max load will help your PCs overall temps, I say go for a good 600W PSU from a reputable manufacturer.
I try, but not very hard, product of my generation-snoochtonooch

User Info: Polskihammer

Polskihammer
3 years ago#14
Could I use a dell power supply? 850 watts. I'm not sure if this power supply would be compatible.
Model number is N875E-00
= |
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. What kind of power supply would I need?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived