This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best mobo to replace a dying MSI 870-G45?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best mobo to replace a dying MSI 870-G45?

User Info: YaLikeDags

YaLikeDags
3 years ago#1
My friend's msi 870-g45 (http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130290) seems to be dying/having some issues, so he's trying to look into a new motherboard. I don't really know how to shop for motherboards, so I was hoping you guys could help me choose something/teach me.

He has a Phenom II CPU, so AM3+. He uses onboard audio and has a single 560Ti GPU. Budget: the lower the better. Anything matching the 870-g45 or better for as cheap as possible.
=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#
I like Caravans more.

YaLikeDags
3 years ago#2
Bump
=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#
I like Caravans more.

YaLikeDags
3 years ago#3
Can anyone throw me a recommendation?
=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#
I like Caravans more.

User Info: gsf4lyfe

gsf4lyfe
3 years ago#4
Well reviewed, cheap and supports his CPU:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813130679&Tpk=N82E16813130679
SteamID: gsf4lyfe

User Info: Flaktrooper123

Flaktrooper123
3 years ago#5
Do you want a new processor as well? You may want a new one anyway if the processor is dying.

YaLikeDags
3 years ago#6
We actually have no idea if it's the motherboard dying, or the processor. We tried replacing the PSU already, but the issues persisted. He's getting a blue screen hyper transport sync flood error, or something along those lines.
=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#=#
I like Caravans more.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best mobo to replace a dying MSI 870-G45?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived