This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Audiophiles.... can the Logitech UE6000 headphones be used for gaming?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Audiophiles.... can the Logitech UE6000 headphones be used for gaming?

User Info: skillfactor

skillfactor
3 years ago#1
Tigerdirect has them listed at a great price for 69.99 http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=8588329&sku=DHS-102028406

however, it looks like they are more geared for the ipod... would these be PC compatible and decent for games?
i5 2500k (4.7 ghz) / Noctua NH D14 / Crossfired ATI 6970s 2gb / 8 gb ram ddr3 1600 / Corsair 500R White

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#2
There is no reason why they wouldn't be compatible with a PC, headphones with a regular 3.5mm jack connector will work on anything that has a 3.5mm jack connector. I can't say if they're any good for gaming however, as I don't know anything about them.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

skillfactor
3 years ago#3
My bad, my post is mainly in regards to gaming and the headsets onboard mic.
i5 2500k (4.7 ghz) / Noctua NH D14 / Crossfired ATI 6970s 2gb / 8 gb ram ddr3 1600 / Corsair 500R White

User Info: Ch3wy

Ch3wy
3 years ago#4
I'm under the belief that if they're good for music, they're good for gaming.

A lot of people will say soundstage this, soundstage that, yada yada yada... But I find soundstage to be the most exaggerated and placebo susceptible attribute of headphones.
Every time you point out that something is an opinion Jesus shoots a kitten in the face.

User Info: r0ge00

r0ge00
3 years ago#5
Ch3wy posted...
A lot of people will say soundstage this, soundstage that, yada yada yada... But I find soundstage to be the most exaggerated and placebo susceptible attribute of headphones.

You're welcome to have your own opinion, but I will tell you right away that it's not a very popular one. Soundstage is great for separation and pinpointing sounds.

User Info: Man_called_War

Man_called_War
3 years ago#6
The mic is on a 4 pole jack so you wouldn't be able to use it with a PC. As for being good for gaming, I wasn't a fan of how they sounded (for music) when I briefly owned a pair but they'd do the job and that is a good price on them. That being said I would still recommend an open set of headphones over a closed set unless you actually need the isolation.
Even a stopped clock, tells the right time, twice a day.

User Info: aak57

aak57
3 years ago#7
Ch3wy posted...
I'm under the belief that if they're good for music, they're good for gaming.

Eh, if we're talking AD700 vs Q701 then sure, I don't think it's really a concern. But you're kidding if you think there isn't a noticeable difference between AD700s and M50s when it comes to positional cues. No, the M50s aren't terrible at soundstage so a gamer won't be massively hindered using them, but it's like saying a basshead won't mind the AD700s since they still do have bass.
http://i.imgur.com/ULj4q.jpg
Let strength be granted, so the world might be mended.

skillfactor
3 years ago#8
Man_called_War posted...
The mic is on a 4 pole jack so you wouldn't be able to use it with a PC. As for being good for gaming, I wasn't a fan of how they sounded (for music) when I briefly owned a pair but they'd do the job and that is a good price on them. That being said I would still recommend an open set of headphones over a closed set unless you actually need the isolation.

Bummer. I made the purchase in haste thinking they'd sell out at the advertised price. I was hoping the mic would work but its not a deal breaker if the audio makes up for it. Is there anything else out there that's competitive in this price range? Thanks for your input

User Info: Man_called_War

Man_called_War
3 years ago#9
skillfactor posted...
Man_called_War posted...

Bummer. I made the purchase in haste thinking they'd sell out at the advertised price. I was hoping the mic would work but its not a deal breaker if the audio makes up for it. Is there anything else out there that's competitive in this price range? Thanks for your input

This thread has a fair bit of info in it and from a quick look it seems like the Skullcandy SLYR's could be what you're after.

http://www.head-fi.org/t/534479/mad-lust-envys-headphone-gaming-guide-updated-9-2-2013-sony-ma900-added
Even a stopped clock, tells the right time, twice a day.

User Info: PraetorXyn

PraetorXyn
3 years ago#10
You'd be much better off with a pair of AKG Q701's and a Blue Snowball desktop condenser mic.
Console war in a nutshell:
http://imgur.com/xA6GJZ9
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Audiophiles.... can the Logitech UE6000 headphones be used for gaming?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived