This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

How many times have you been undercut during a sale?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How many times have you been undercut during a sale?

User Info: TehPwnzerer

TehPwnzerer
3 years ago#1
We've all suffered from them at one point or another. You buy a game with 75% off happy at how much you saved but then it gets a bigger discount later on the next day or week.

I purchased Saints Row the Third with 50% off then it got discounted for 75%, Alan Wake for 75% then got discounted for 90%, and most recently purchased Brutal Legend for 75% and now it's also on sale for 90%. Though I don't lose any sleep over it, I can't help but think "if I only waited another day or so" just when you think that it's not a game that would get a flash sale.

So how many times has it happened to you? Obviously it has to be within a very short period of time, don't count games that got discounted to 75% or more a year or two after you purchased them.

User Info: gsf4lyfe

gsf4lyfe
3 years ago#2
If you buy a game that's not daily, flash or on the last day of a Steam sale it's your own goddamn fault.

If it happens across vendors or an unannounced/unplanned sale occurs it does suck though.
SteamID: gsf4lyfe

User Info: Benjamin_Button

Benjamin_Button
3 years ago#3
never coz i always buy from humble bundle

saints row third complete package + like a bunch other games = $3.75
Alan Wake = $1
brutal legend = some bundle maybe beat average was $4.75 but below $5 fo sho
http://i.imgur.com/KNzJR.gif
Macbook Pro Retina i7-3840QM @ 2.8GHz | Nvidia 650m 1GB GDDR5 | 16GB DDR3L Ram | 750GB Flash Storage

User Info: Incendia_Intus

Incendia_Intus
3 years ago#4
I don't know. If it has happened, it wasn't at a time soon enough for me to realize it.
Live like there's no tomorrow. Even if there is, nobody gives a damn.

User Info: somebody336

somebody336
3 years ago#5
Bought Battlefield for for 30 when I could of got it for 20 lol
TBWNN's grumpy old man >:/

User Info: TehPwnzerer

TehPwnzerer
3 years ago#6
gsf4lyfe posted...
If you buy a game that's not daily, flash or on the last day of a Steam sale it's your own goddamn fault.

If it happens across vendors or an unannounced/unplanned sale occurs it does suck though.

I didn't say it was anyone else's fault, I said it leaves a sour taste in my mouth. What's wrong with that?

User Info: r0ge00

r0ge00
3 years ago#7
I got all 3 of those games for next to nothing from Humble Bundles. Get sour.

User Info: skillfactor

skillfactor
3 years ago#8
I just felt this..

Bought a Kindle HD fire 8gb for 139.99.. TWO DAYS later, 119.99... for the 16gb. haha, ouch
i5 2500k (4.7 ghz) / Noctua NH D14 / Crossfired ATI 6970s 2gb / 8 gb ram ddr3 1600 / Corsair 500R White

User Info: r0ge00

r0ge00
3 years ago#9
skillfactor posted...
I just felt this..

Bought a Kindle HD fire 8gb for 139.99.. TWO DAYS later, 119.99... for the 16gb. haha, ouch

Best Buy got them back in stock for $99.
(message deleted)
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. How many times have you been undercut during a sale?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived