This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Looking for a laptop that can run Skyrim..

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a laptop that can run Skyrim..

User Info: fuzzyman

fuzzyman
3 years ago#11
but you have a gddr5 card in that case

not all 750m are the same
http://i.imgur.com/hOjV6w3.jpg

User Info: I_Am_On_Fire

I_Am_On_Fire
3 years ago#12
Get a Lenovo Y510p or w/e with the 4700QM and 2 GB 750M. If you want, go for the 1080P screen.
HAF 912 | i3-3220 @ 3.3 GHz | SAPPHIRE HD 7850 2 GB OC Edition | Corsair CX430 | 8 GB Corsair XMS3 1600 | Seagate Barracuda 2 TB | MSI B75MA-P45 | Win 8x64

User Info: zxelman

zxelman
3 years ago#13
When talking about mods, it's highly suggested to have plenty of VRAM and a pretty decent processor. 1.5-3 GB is what I'd shoot for. 1.5 is pushing it a little but can run fine. If the screen isn't a 1080p you can probably get by a little if you're lacking, though I'd get that resolution because it's pretty for a laptop.

Running vanilla Skyrim really doesn't take much on the GPU side as long as it has a recent dedicated graphics card. I never really suggest integrated for gaming unless the user just games directly on the browser, or if the laptop monitor doesn't have a high native resolution output.

Just know that Skyrim is more CPU-intense and I'd at least suggest an i5, even if you have to go dual-core, though I'd highly suggest quad-core.

User Info: Solar1214

Solar1214
3 years ago#14
bump for more recommendations.

User Info: NfuzedXGamer

NfuzedXGamer
3 years ago#15
I played skyrim ultra settings at 768P looked better than 1080p at medium settings.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Looking for a laptop that can run Skyrim..

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived