The next GameFAQs contest is here! Sign in and enter a Best Year in Gaming bracket for a chance at a $1000 grand prize!

This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

GTX 770 good for everything?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GTX 770 good for everything?

User Info: thegreybear

thegreybear
3 years ago#1
I'm upgrading from a GTX 570. Can a 770 run everything out there at 1080p/max settings/60 fps? Or should I go for a 780 ti?
"Basically in the MGS series, a wide angle between a woman's breasts symbolically represents a bear trap... -nervmeister

User Info: Nicodimus

Nicodimus
3 years ago#2
Mine maxes out just about everything I've thrown at it at 1440p, so I'd imagine it would be overkill for 1080p.
Intel i5 4670K | Corsair 16GB DDR3 | Gigabyte GTX 770 4GB | ASUS 27" 1440p
Corsair 480GB SSD | WD 4TB HDD | Fractal Design R4 | Corsair 750MX | Win7Ult 64

User Info: Kainstryder

Kainstryder
3 years ago#3
Ordered a gtx 770 myself yesterday. After looking at the R9's, the higher end 780ti, the 770 / 280x are the perfect cards for 1080p. Anything else beyond that is designed for higher monitor resolutions (1440p, 4K, Multi-monitor).

User Info: DV8ingSources

DV8ingSources
3 years ago#4
There will always be a few games that won't run at your conditions but 98% of titles will fit well within them I think.

780Ti is a beast but I'm not so sure its worth the extra money. A 770 can be had for about 350 while the 780ti here is 750. You'd be paying double for a decent but nowhere near double performance boost.
2500k @ 4.4 | P8Z68-V Pro | H80 | 8GB | 670 | 256 ssd | 6Tb hdd | Win 8 64bit | ax1200w | BD burner | cm690II
Steam: DV8ing1

User Info: __B__

__B__
3 years ago#5
I have a 760 and it maxes everything with no studder. Haven't tested my frame rate, but it's clearly faster than 30fps. And this is on bf4. Most graphical game I have
-Not changing until I find the 2nd Gen Yamaha Vmax 1200-

User Info: electroflame

electroflame
3 years ago#6
I just got a 770 myself (upgraded from a 480) and the boost is pretty significant.

It can max Assassin's Creed IV, but it stutters in some areas (less the card, more the game, I think) and I hear it works well with Metro: Last Light (although, I haven't tried it yet).

Definitely worth the purchase for me. The main thing I love is that it's near-silent under heavy load, and runs pretty cool.
Could be worse, they could have been American givers and you would have been smothered in small pox. -fakenamefignuts on Indian-Giving.
Steam ID: electroflame

User Info: Shub

Shub
3 years ago#7
thegreybear posted...
Can a 770 run everything out there at 1080p/max settings/60 fps?

Almost everything, but not everything.
-What is best in life?
-To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of the women.

User Info: Buburibon

Buburibon
3 years ago#8
The only games you won't max are the usual suspects, i.e., BF4, Metro: LL, Tomb Raider (TressFX), Crysis 3, ACIV Black Flag, COD Ghosts, and perhaps a couple other games that do not currently come to mind. For about $350 though, you can't go wrong with it.
Steam | PSN | XBL: GVAmson23
3770K @ 4.5Ghz | 16GB 2133Mhz | GTX Titan @ 1136Mhz

User Info: thegreybear

thegreybear
3 years ago#9
This is semi-related, but I was trying to compare with Radeon cards. I'm having trouble figuring Radeon out. Is there any advantage to Nvidia vs. the equivalent Radeon card?
"Basically in the MGS series, a wide angle between a woman's breasts symbolically represents a bear trap... -nervmeister

User Info: WyzeGye

WyzeGye
3 years ago#10
AMD has tressfx and will have Mantle

Nvidia has Shield and PhysX
http://pcpartpicker.com/b/GCJ
http://youtu.be/AEKc-vNv_rU - updated 11/21/2013
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. GTX 770 good for everything?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived