This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Windows 7 x64 issues with resolution switching in games?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Windows 7 x64 issues with resolution switching in games?

User Info: -CJF-

-CJF-
3 years ago#1
This is a complicated issue to explain but I will do my best. I've been having some problems with older games which seem to use different resolutions for menus, FMV, and in-game. What seems to be happening is that the resolution is adjusted for each of these elements causing the window border, window title bar, and windows desktop to flicker for a few seconds in between each element load. This is a widespread problem that happens with many games, including but not limited to:

- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver (desktop appears after every FMV)
- Legacy of Kain: Soul Reaver 2 (desktop appears before FMVs in-game)
- Tomb Raider II (all FMV have a complete window border around them, even in full screen)
- Max Payne (the first one, only seems to occur after the intro video so far)
- Thief II: The Metal Age (whenever I access the menu or read in-game documents) actually found this problem documented at http://www.ttlg.com/forums/showthread.php?t=128819 by others, seems to be somewhat relieved by using the dd_fix.

I have detailed more information on the problem and what I have tried to fix it in this thread here: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/916373-pc/67986470

This is a really weird problem because it doesn't happen in all games or even all older games. For example, Tomb Raider III, Blood Omen 2 and Legacy of Kain: Defiance work perfectly with no issues. Anyone else experiencing this problem or know how to fix it?

Thanks in advance for any help.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Windows 7 x64 issues with resolution switching in games?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived