This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Something is wrong with my games! Help!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Something is wrong with my games! Help!

User Info: joeman2004

joeman2004
3 years ago#1
I just purchased a new laptop (http://www.amazon.com/Lenovo-IdeaPad-Y510p-Laptop-Computer/dp/B00EKK0Q6Y) and I seem to be having nothing but trouble so far. The major issue at hand is that my graphics card seems to be messing up...I think. I know the drivers are up to date cuz I check the Nvidia Geforce experience program and it said they were up to date. The problem is when I go to play my games I never know what I'm gonna get. Sometimes I can run them on ultra settings and they will play as smooth as silk and other times I'll boot up a game and it runs at about 2fps. I don't know what is causing this. I have even had a tech remote in and clean up the laptop from any apparent infections. So I know it's squeaky clean.

Has anyone else had experiences similar to this? And is there a simple fix? Thanks guys!

User Info: ATARIJAWA

ATARIJAWA
3 years ago#2
This is why SLI'ing 2 video cards (the weakest gaming level card available also) in a laptop is a bad idea.
Gamefaqs game rating system : 10 = Best Game Ever. 8-9. Crushing dissapointment. Below 8 :Total Garbage. This is getting ridiculous. people agreeing so far 105

User Info: wildog2006

wildog2006
3 years ago#3
NVIDIA Dual SLI GT 750M

Is that saying it has 4 GPU's? Or, much more likely, Amazon is dumb.
Insert generic offensive/slightly racist/holier than thou/fanboy/douchebag/elitist comment here.

User Info: Davel23

Davel23
3 years ago#4
That's a pretty standard description, to differentiate it from tri- and quad-SLI.
Your mom's box.

User Info: Fayt349

Fayt349
3 years ago#5
I used to have that laptop. It runs at like 2 FPS if it's not plugged in lol. Lenovo requires to be plugged in to play games.
Intel i5 3570k||Vengence 8 GIG DDR3 RAM||EVGA GTX 760 ||4 TB WD Black+1TB Seagate + 128 gig Samsung Pro SSD || Corsair 650W |Asus MOBO||CM scout advance 2 case

User Info: Rexdragon125

Rexdragon125
3 years ago#6
joeman2004 posted...
I just purchased a new laptop

I found the problem

User Info: joeman6

joeman6
3 years ago#7
I see someone stole my user name.
PSN: pluto-3_ Xbox GT: NinjaPainis
http://backloggery.com/joeman6

User Info: Ateas

Ateas
3 years ago#8
joeman6 posted...

Except his account was created four years before yours.

User Info: joeman2004

joeman2004
3 years ago#9
Fayt349 posted...
I used to have that laptop. It runs at like 2 FPS if it's not plugged in lol. Lenovo requires to be plugged in to play games.

Haha, yeah after 30 min online with a tech I discovered this. I felt stupid. At least it was a quick fix though.

User Info: joeman6

joeman6
3 years ago#10
Ateas posted...
joeman6 posted...

Except his account was created four years before yours.

Hahaha did not see that.
PSN: pluto-3_ Xbox GT: NinjaPainis
http://backloggery.com/joeman6
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Something is wrong with my games! Help!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived