This is a split board - You can return to the Split List for other boards.

Best Tablet/Laptop?

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best Tablet/Laptop?

User Info: Boge

Boge
3 years ago#1
My sister wants a laptop for Christmas. Knowing her, I think she'd be happier with one that breaks away from the keyboard and can be used as a tablet. She'd be using it for typical girl stuff, browsing the internet, light gaming, music, videos, maybe some artistic drawings or something.

What is the best in the $600-$700 department?
Don't lie to someone who trusts you.
Don't trust someone who lies to you.

Boge
3 years ago#2
Bump

Boge
3 years ago#3
Bump again.

I'd like some information on this before Christmas.

User Info: XxTwisted26xX

XxTwisted26xX
3 years ago#4
If you got the disposable income, I would get the Ipad Air the new one. Theyre pretty fun and the resolution is AMAZING. App games are fun too. I use it for games and in the hospital and it is very handy. I can pull out paperwork on it or play Dragon Age age, without the hastle of having a bulky laptop.

Price-wise though, I would get a laptop since you can do so much more with it. Btw, I got a Samsung Tablet as well for my birthday, and it is not as nice as the iPad. I don't want to be mean but im gonna try and sell the Samsung tablet and just keep the iPad.
Steam: xxtwisted26xx
Not the best but it's my first: i5-3570k(CPU) Memory 8GB (RAM) Radeon HD 7970 (GPU) Rosewell 650 (PSU) 120GB King (SSD) Asus VN247HP 1ms

Boge
3 years ago#5
What about the Windows 8 hybrids? Can't you still install regular PC programs on them?

User Info: mwjohnson5

mwjohnson5
3 years ago#6
Don't get ipad. Ipad stinks
The realdeal aka theman

User Info: cancerstorm

cancerstorm
3 years ago#7
Boge posted...
What about the Windows 8 hybrids? Can't you still install regular PC programs on them?

for "typical girl stuff" i'd get her an ipad. what windows-only programs does she actually need? and ya some windows tablets have full win8 OS on them
http://img29.imageshack.us/img29/2996/cancerstorm.jpg

User Info: megamanfreakXD

megamanfreakXD
3 years ago#8
Nexus 7
|Corsair 500R|ASUS GTX 570|i5-2500K 3.30GHz|G-Skill 8GB 1600 DDR3|Samsung SSD PRO 256GB|Antec 750W PSU|ASUS P8P67 PRO|CM HYPER 212+|

Boge
3 years ago#9
cancerstorm posted...
Boge posted...

for "typical girl stuff" i'd get her an ipad. what windows-only programs does she actually need? and ya some windows tablets have full win8 OS on them

I don't know. I guess she was just planning on getting a laptop. Knowing her, I don't know what she'd use it for other than to browse the internet, social networking, picture stuff, scrapbooking stuff, I'm sure she'd like to draw with it. She likes a few indie games, like Don't Starve. I'm leaning toward an Asus T100, but I want to know if there is a better buy out there in the $600-$700 range. I really don't know anything about these hybrid machines or tablets.

User Info: runrom

runrom
3 years ago#10
Sigh. I wish I went through the trouble to get the Dell Venue 8 Pro for $99 at my Microsoft Store. You could try looking at the Dell Venue 8.
MBP 2009 | Intel i5 3570k + Powercolor 7870 Myst | HP Touchpad 32gb CM9 | MyTouch4g running 4.1
Now part of the 500 posts club.
  1. Boards
  2. PC
  3. Best Tablet/Laptop?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived